Bell at kimberling city

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moregooder

Reaction score
April will mark the 10th anniversary of the bell on the submerged bridge at Kimberling city, just thought I would see if anyone is interested in joining use at table rock for some deep dives.

April will mark the 10th anniversary of the bell on the submerged bridge at Kimberling city, just thought I would see if anyone is interested in joining use at table rock for some deep dives.

Would love to join you Archie but unfortunately I don't think I could take the temps. I know, I know, I need to get a drysuit. :wink:

Hello Moregooder I have looked up said bridge but could not find what you are talking about.
would you mind giving me a bit more back ground?
its within my range for weekend dive trips.

If you look closely you can see the bell on this sidescan from the Whaler Nemrod:

S00021.jpg

It is a fun dive. Here is the old bridge before it was flooded:

kimberlingbridges.jpg

N

as nim said it is a fun dive, 98 feet to the top of the bridge the bell hangs at 111 at normal pool. the bridge was partially salvaged but flooding caused the lake to rise to fast and it was left behind we put the bell there 9 years ago as a mimoreal to a freind. my first trip to table rock in the spring I would like to spend a day on the bridge if I can find the right people I have never had bad vis on the bridge that time of year. some times you can see fresh water jellyfish on the deco stop.

Moregooder you have my intrest peaked. I would like to see this bell and find out what your plan of attack is?

sorry about the what. I live in Lincoln NB but I fly to rapid city SD for work every week and I cant always use the hotels computer. I would like to plan first trip at the end of April or in may I do most of my diving on TR in the Kimberling city area so I know it pretty well the bridge would be just one day of a 4 or 5 day trip.

I can stay right on my boat but there is also a new camp ground right there and air at the marina- 24 foot trytoon with full cover, heat, head and hot water shower make for comfortable divIng

The bridge is a fun dive. I may possibly be interested in diving it again if I can get clearance from the Dr. by then. I will keep you updated. I have made probably a half dozen trips down there. If you guys don't mind the company?

DW

this sounds over all to be a good dive. count me in and keep me informed Moregooder.

Let me know when... I'd love to dive the bridge again! Had a blast the first time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom