Belize?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is ReefCI now based in Placencia? I think they moved there from Punta Gorda a few years ago. Did you stay on a caye or somewhere on the mainland? Do you remember the dive sites? Were they around Placencia or further south? I've never dived south of Placencia and would like to give it a go someday.

It is based in Placencia. Boat leaves Placencia each Monday morning and returns around 11am Friday. During the week you stay at the small Tom Owen's Caye. It is about 25 miles SSE of Placencia (a bit over an hour by boat if the weather is good) and the dive sites you dive are all within a few minutes of the island, including a nice little shore dive. No one else is diving out there so you have them all to yourself. The dives were surprisingly quite diverse given the small area. Wall dive, sandy patches, shallow and deeper corals/sponges, etc. I'm getting more and more into Macro and found the dive off the dock was exceptional for the wee critters. And Solo is really the way to do it and highly recommend at least 2 weeks if you can swing it.

Back
Top Bottom