Belize.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can book through Maya Air or Tropicair to get out to the island. They cost about the same.

There are plenty of boats to Ambergris Caye from Belize City. Your resort or the dive shop can probably help you book one.

I didn't see any black coral for sale, but don't buy it if you do.

What's with the "don't buy black coral" stuff? Sounds discriminaory to me.

Garrobo:
What's with the "don't buy black coral" stuff? Sounds discriminaory to me.

It's because black coral was the only one mentioned. One should not buy any coral because if every tourist that came to the Caribbean, the Philippines, Hawaii...etc. took home a cute little coral head....there would be lots of starving butterfly fishes.
It was pretty blatant back in the 70s. I worked across the street from a little tourist trap in Hakipuu Valley on Oahu and the guy had all these coral heads drying and bleaching in a lot behind the place. He would then spray paint them flourescent green, pink...and other disgusting colors to sell the customers. It was stopped soon after.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom