Belize Wind

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmm, sounds like a good KiteBoarding spot....must check it out.

Hank49:
I live about 8 miles north of Dangriga near a little fishing village called Mullins River, on the Mullins River of all places. :D By boat it's about 2 1/2 hours from Caulker depending on the weather.....and the boat. It'd be nice to meet someone from SB. I've only met Roatan Man, in Roatan of all places....I live in the country and don't hang around the resorts at all.
Sounds great where you live always great to actually know someone where you are going. I'll be there May 7-14 I can't wait. Maybe someway we'll get to meet.
Greg

AngusNJ:
When i was there a few years ago in May, we had a solid week of wind.

My hubby and I were there in May of 2003, we experienced the same thing. We must have been there at the same time!

No boats would go outside the reef. They still took us out to Hol Chan everyday. We still had a great time, but I didn't get to see the really great stuff on the other side of the reef (My H had been there before).

Prior to our trip, we kept checking out all the weather sites and thought it would be just perfect because there were no big storms on the way - we never counted on strong winds. Although we asked, it was never quite clear if it was a normal seasonal occurrence.

We are considering a return to Ambergris this spring/summer, but I am going to find out about the winds first this time! I'll be checking back here from time to time.

-MD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom