Belize Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

weston100

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I will be traveling to Belize around Christmas this year with my family. We have two experienced divers (~150 dives each) and a snorkeler with us. We plan on spending the first half of our week at the Turneffe island resort, and then either remaining there for the durration of our stay, or travelling north to Ambergris Caye. Would we be better off just staying at Turneffe, or is the diving different enough at Ambergris that it would be worth moving?

The diving would be similar but the topside experience would be very different.

If it were me, I'd stay on TIR for the duration. A half-week there will go by in a flash, and I wouldn't want to give up a day of diving to travel from one caye to another. If the trip were longer, like two weeks, then I'd consider it.

I agree. While I've not done TIR or Ambergris yet, I've done 3 liveboards in Belize and some time inland. From everything I know about Belize and dive travel, I'd stay the whole week at TIR and not waste time transferring.

Back
Top Bottom