Belize Trip-Best time of year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow. Thanks for the heads up. Rain won’t be a major issue in June?

June should still be ok. The most rainy and windy times, IMHO, are July/August/September, and January/February, where it may pour for hours, not just little showers.

June is in the shoulder season where you might get a bit more rain than in March or April, but you might not. It's impossible to predict. You may get a perfect week in June. I've had very stormy weather in Belize/Central America, so I try to increase my chances of good weather by going in March, otherwise April. There's still no guarantee, but your chances of drier weather might be higher. YMMV.

I've been going to Belize for years, almost always in June. It's the low season so there are fewer crowds, which is a big plus for me.

The rain in Belize is really no big deal. In the summer, it's almost always at night and sometimes with some really terrific thunder and lightning. The rain tends to taper off and stop in the morning. By mid-morning you can't even tell it rained the night before.

I've had very few dives called off because of rain in the summer. Wind is a much bigger factor since it effects the waves.

Go in June. You'll love Hamanasi. And while they have a very good restaurant, be sure to also check out Chef Rob's Cafe a little further down the road as well as the sandwiches and smoothies across the road at the Oasis Gym & Cafe.

Happy Anniversary!

I've been going to Belize for years, almost always in June. It's the low season so there are fewer crowds, which is a big plus for me.

The rain in Belize is really no big deal. In the summer, it's almost always at night and sometimes with some really terrific thunder and lightning. The rain tends to taper off and stop in the morning. By mid-morning you can't even tell it rained the night before.

I've had very few dives called off because of rain in the summer. Wind is a much bigger factor since it effects the waves.

Go in June. You'll love Hamanasi. And while they have a very good restaurant, be sure to also check out Chef Rob's Cafe a little further down the road as well as the sandwiches and smoothies across the road at the Oasis Gym & Cafe.

Happy Anniversary!
My daughter works for Chef Rob.
Parrot Cove. Yep

Not nonsense.
I was there and I personally experienced it.
We were told by several locals that burning off farms was the source.

Reactions: Doc
Brush fires are very common here in Belize in the dry season. Not sure how they start. Cigaret thrown out a window?
The only "burning off" of agriculture that I'm aware of is sugar cane, which is abundant in northern Belize.

Not nonsense.
I was there and I personally experienced it.
We were told by several locals that burning off farms was the source.

Where in Belize were you when this happened? I could see smoke from Guatemala making its way across the border into the Cayo and
Toledo Districts but I don't think it would reach the coast.

Back
Top Bottom