Belize Trip-Best time of year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kristen8416

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for advice on upcoming Belize trip. We’re looking at going in the May/June timeframe. It’s our 20 year anniversary, so this will be more of a nice vacation with some diving and expeditions. We’re planning on staying at Hamanasi based on the reviews of the resort, not so much the diving. Our last 5 trips were Bonaire, so we are thinking something different. I’ve read April/May is good for “not too rainy” and “good dive” conditions. Our anniversary is June 2nd. If we go end of May first week of June would the conditions/weather still be good? Is there a better recommendation? Is it worth moving up to mid-May to avoid the rain? Sorry this is so long and really appreciate any recommendations in advance.

Looking for advice on upcoming Belize trip. We’re looking at going in the May/June timeframe. It’s our 20 year anniversary, so this will be more of a nice vacation with some diving and expeditions. We’re planning on staying at Hamanasi based on the reviews of the resort, not so much the diving. Our last 5 trips were Bonaire, so we are thinking something different. I’ve read April/May is good for “not too rainy” and “good dive” conditions. Our anniversary is June 2nd. If we go end of May first week of June would the conditions/weather still be good? Is there a better recommendation? Is it worth moving up to mid-May to avoid the rain? Sorry this is so long and really appreciate any recommendations in advance.

That's a good time of year to enjoy Belize. I've always had a wonderful time in May and June.

Mother Nature ultimately decides. But I've had good luck every time that I've been there in June.

June over May.
The farmers in Guatemala will often burn off their fields in early May and the prevailing winds will carry the smoke over Belize.
It can be an issue.

Reactions: Doc
June over May.
The farmers in Guatemala will often burn off their fields in early May and the prevailing winds will carry the smoke over Belize.
It can be an issue.
??? Never heard of this before. The prevailing winds, other than the occasional north and NW winds this time of year, are East to NE tradewinds, blowing onshore in Belize.
May and June are some of the warmer months of the year.

June over May.
It can be an issue.

Wow. Thanks for the heads up. Rain won’t be a major issue in June?

Back
Top Bottom