Belize/Solo Traveler/Dive-Eat-Sleep

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlevine

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I am considering a trip to Belize by myself from September 4-13, 2009 and looking for some advice on where to go.

I am mostly an eat-sleep-dive kind of guy and spend my down time walking around the town, reading, or surfing the net. I am not necessarily looking for an all-inclusive place. I am also not into mega tourist traps and prefer quiet as well as authentic local things.

I am leaning towards Caye Caulker but am open to other areas if you have ideas. In terms of price range, I am looking for $80-$150 a night (not including diving and food).

The main thing I want to avoid is a huge single supplement.

In terms of comparisons, I've been to Roatan several times and usual stay in West Bay for the quiet. La Parguera, Puerto Rico is also one of my favorites.

I realize this isn't much to go on but I figured I'd throw this out and see what anyone says.

Thanks!

Caye Caulker is what you want, given your list. San Pedro is very quaint, not realy noisy, but Caye Caulker is even more rustic (no paved streets). It's a charming little village but it does have everything you will want.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom