belize rec on a student budget?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akgrown

Reaction score
unfortunately, i can only afford to dive one or two days (3 if i skip a few meals!) when i'm in belize at the end of aug-so i need some suggestions for good, cheap diving. i'm a novice diver, so i'm still pretty content just to be underwater-of course the more pretty things the better! i'd rather not be on a boat with tons of other people, but i'm not totally against it either. any specific recommendations people could give me would be really appreciated.
thanks,
angela

Amigos Del Mar, San Pedro. Very well run operation, nice Dive maters very attentive. Great boats and good prices.

Try protech belize. Located behind Belize Yacht club.

If budget is a concern,try staying on Caye Caulker instead of San Pedro. Things are a less expensive and you will dive the same sites. Food and lodging is less expensive and your options for budget accomidations are greater. Most dive shops on the island charge the same price....so just find one you feel comfortable with.

Zebra mussel:
If budget is a concern,try staying on Caye Caulker instead of San Pedro. Things are a less expensive and you will dive the same sites. Food and lodging is less expensive and your options for budget accomidations are greater. Most dive shops on the island charge the same price....so just find one you feel comfortable with.

Cay Caulker isn't very expensive. Plus if you know how to fish, you can find a local restuarant to clean and cook your catch for a few bucks. There are a couple backpackers hostels on the island as well to help you save money.

Very good Point Caulker is more of a backpacking island and better suited for that type of room. Look for Frenchies dive very good opp.

When will you be in Belize?? I will be there from Aug 24 thru Sept 8 They r right Caye Caulker is definately cheaper than San Pedro and nicer. The sand is powder white and its way more laid back.

thanks for all of the suggestions-very helpful. now, for more of a logisitical question...as i said i'm a novice diver and for all of my dives (other than the cert) i've always had my friend as my buddy (who is also a divemaster) that i feel very safe and comfortable with. she's not going to belize with me and the friend that i'm going with doesn't dive...so, can i request a divemaster for a buddy or is it just time for me to toughen up a little?
angela
oh-re: tiggrr, i'll be there from aug 14 to sep 4

i forgot-does anyone know anything about tobacco caye?

akgrown:
thanks for all of the suggestions-very helpful. now, for more of a logisitical question...as i said i'm a novice diver and for all of my dives (other than the cert) i've always had my friend as my buddy (who is also a divemaster) that i feel very safe and comfortable with. she's not going to belize with me and the friend that i'm going with doesn't dive...so, can i request a divemaster for a buddy or is it just time for me to toughen up a little?
angela
oh-re: tiggrr, i'll be there from aug 14 to sep 4

I will be on caye caulker and in placencia. I am probably going with frenchies on cc but, not sure yet in placencia. I am also a very new diver so, can't help u too much there but, if you have any questions about belize or run into any problems.....feel free to contact me. I am on the internet pretty much every day when on vacation. I will also be with a girlfriend who doesn't dive. lol too bad for her :)

Back
Top Bottom