Belize, port of call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As Ralph says one shouldn't be making a decision like that based on what is likely the very little bit of Belize City they've seen. That said, I'm not recommending a city tour. For the record, I've been in Belize city a number of times for various reasons and outings. Certainly not my favorite place but then neither is Coxen Hole on Roatan. On the whole Belize is a beautiful diverse amazing country and I love it very much.

We've done the zoo and the cave tubing on earlier visits to Belize and it was enjoyable. Chilly, I will definitely look into the Turneffe dives and also Lamanai, thanks all! As most "working class on a budget", we try to do a stay-and-dive and a cruise every year. (electrix, the aggressors are on our bucket list) Last year was GC where we also did AOW cert and diving on the north wall was fantastic. A ton of sea life and the reefs were probably not quite as exciting as Coz, but still pretty good imo, as were the wrecks. My pet peeve with visibility started when we did our checkout dives in a North TX quarry a couple years ago with about 5ft visibility at best. I'm not cluster-phobic that made me nervous and gave new meaning to the term "swamp diving" ;-) Bonaire will be our next dive vacation and hopefully we can get to Belize in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom