Belize Opening

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They've got a serious breakout of Covid on Ambergris Caye and they are in complete lockdown on the island. There are a couple of other areas in lockdown too, I believe.

Could be many months, depending upon how good everyone is about the lockdown. Photos I'm seeing suggest that everyone is being good. They want this to end, many are starving. Businesses have gone out of business and won't be reopening or if they do, it'll be under new owners.

Doesn't sound like this is boding well for a 9/3 opening

This one graph pretty much says it all, doesn't it.

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 11.30.24 AM.jpeg

That's a shame. I hope they can get this under control. They really don't have the medical facilities to deal with a pandemic.

This one graph pretty much says it all, doesn't it.

View attachment 605623

That's a shame. I hope they can get this under control. They really don't have the medical facilities to deal with a pandemic.

Yea it really does. I hope they are able to get it handled.

Well we are 0 for 2 for the week of 9/12.

We were fist supposed to be on the Aqua Cat out of Nassau. With the Bahamas on the ropes we pushed that trip to next year and booked Belize Aggressor for the same week. We canned that last week (luckily we had not paid and were able to just cancel the reservation).
Now it is on to the keys for a week of diving.

Looks like the number of active cases has spiked. For now.

No end in sight, though. Godspeed the vaccine!

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 8.48.20 AM.png

That announcement was August 31. I suspect there's been a change or one coming.

Ambergris Caye is in lockdown again as far as I know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom