Belize Nurse Shark Dive Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marshallkarp

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Here is the final video from my Ambergris Caye trip and I made a mini-documentary out of it. I dove the Esmeralda dive site, around San Pedro. Lots to see, nurse sharks, moray eel, sting ray, and sea turtle. Enjoy.

www.marshallkarp.com

My wife and I did that dive the last time we were in Belize....fun!!:D:D Got some good photos of the huge groupers, check my photo pages here on SB.:uwphotographer:

Awesome video! I've never seen a shark on a dive (well, saw one whale shark in Thailand.) I am browsing these boards, debating whether or not to hit Belize on my 2 week vacation and dive trip to Central America. This video is convincing! I think I may have to go to Belize!

Here is the final video from my Ambergris Caye trip and I made a mini-documentary out of it. I dove the Esmeralda dive site, around San Pedro. Lots to see, nurse sharks, moray eel, sting ray, and sea turtle. Enjoy.

www.marshallkarp.com

GREAT JOB MARSHALL

Excellent video and a great advert for Belize diving would love to use it on my website if you would give permission.

While I an on the fence with handling of the Shark in Belize I particulary liked the divemaster technique if you watch carefully he grabs the sharks pectoral fin and turns it over to enduce the state of tonic immobility and this is the exact technique that is used by scientists who study sharks and tonic immobility.

Grabbing of the Pectoral fin simulates the natural mating ritual of sharks where the male bite the females fin to hold on and turn her upside donw forcing her into a state of immobility prior to mating.

was nice to see the sharks were not abused but handeld in a gentle and caring way rather than some of the videos I have seen

again great job i enjoyed watching it

regards

Gaz

Great video, thanks for sharing. That was more civilized than the dive we did with Amigos Del Mar. They just threw a big frozen fish head off the boat and a frenzy ensued with the sharks, eels, and groupers.

Great video, Marshall. Thanks for posting it.

Grabbing of the Pectoral fin simulates the natural mating ritual of sharks where the male bite the females fin to hold on and turn her upside down forcing her into a state of immobility prior to mating.

Ah, if only women came with fins. :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom