Belize issue with Carnival Cruise line

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the OP copied and pasted an article from who knows where rather than wrote an original post. Why else the "we" referring to the Belizean people and the rant against the current government from someone who doesn't even live there. I doubt he knows his U-D-P from his P-U-P or has even heard of George Price or Dean Barrow, lol.

There's plenty of news on the subject and certainly more to the story than was originally posted here. Unfortunately, Belize needs every tourist dollar it can get, and I have no doubt that Carnival believes it can bully Belize around.

I have mixed feelings about the cruise ship crowd. I'm sure there are some jobs that would otherwise evaporate if Carnival were to decide to pull out permanently; on the other hand, I'm really glad they don't come ashore at Placencia as they would overrun the place and change the character.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom