Belize info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kdl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello fellow divers. We're trying to book a last minute trip to Belize for July4. There is a lot of info out there and not having been before, it's pretty overwhelming. We're looking for modest accomodations and good diving and a last minute special if we could find one.

Questions:
1. Are there any dive operators or resorts that have small boats w/ limited divers (6-8)?
2. Any recommendations on modest lodging for 2. Don't need anything expensive or fancy. We'll be there mainly to dive and relax a bit.
3. Any last-minute specials?

Thanks in advance!

Under Da Sea, operated by Alonso Flota is the DM my family and I ALWAYS dive with. I would recommend him first!

http://www.underdasea.com/

Ride your bikes everywhere, it is a great way to see the Island!

Now being the slow season, you could just show up in San Pedro, walk around and find exactly what you're looking for.

Risky (I'm a planner), but that's an idea. :)

Thanks all for the info. I've checked out the sites mentioned and that's what I was looking for.

On AC there are several dive operators who do what you're wanting. Ones that come to mind include Belize Diving Adventures, Chuck & Robbie, Ecologic, and of course ourselves.

Cheap accommodation here starts with Pedro's Backpackers Inn, then Rubies & Lilies. More but excellent value include Banana Beach (south of town) and Spindrift (in town).

Look at www.ambergriscaye.com for more info.

Tabacco Caye with Peter Leslie-Schovianna (?) crazy last name. The "resort" is cheap, tiny and right on the reef...You could do shore dives!

kdl:
Risky (I'm a planner), .

It's Central America, change your mode of operation! :blinking:

Believe what Hank tells ya'. That way, you can shop in person!

Any advice regarding Bottom Time dive op and Corona del Mar hotel? Other recommendations? Looking for a budget place, near/in town, diving, and a good time.

I also heard that food is very expensive in Ambergris Caye. How "expensive" are we talking about?

Thank, calhockey.

Back
Top Bottom