belize in may??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CREEVES515

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
HI,
I'm going to belize mid may for my honeymoon and i have a few questions. Answers to any of them would be helpful. Thanks :help_2:
1. Are the whale dives worth it?(what are the chances of seeing a whale shark,or whatever else they promise you?)

2.has anyone stayed at ramon's village?(if so how was it)

3.what are everyone's favorite belizean dives (I plan to skip the blue hole)

thanks again
chris

Why skip the Blue Hole unless you've already done it? I know it's a bit short (my dive was 23 min bottom time) and it's a hell of a long way from anywhere (2 hrs from Cay Caulker), expensive ($150) and maybe a bit loosely controlled by some shops (we met a BOW lady who'd made the dive last year), but still a very interesting site. Our Cay Caulker Paradise Down divers took very careful control of us.

I've heard good things about the "Elbow" which is Turneffe South, though time and health didn't permit us to go there a couple weeks ago.

Actually, this would make a good thread...
=Terry

Stayed on Turneffe - Elbow is great. Did the Blue Hole (not as bad leaving from Turneffe) - interesting dive, but Lighthouse Reef (which is the reef itself) was great! Worth the trip out there (and as long as you are there, do the Blue Hole!).

My pics are all from Turneffe - PM me and I can give you a link with more pics and info, as well as pics of Belize above water. We were there last month for 11 days...

Chris, If you're going to Belize in Mid May, the prime whale shark period will be over. The whale shark is attracted by the spawning which occurs over the full moon phase and up to 3 days after during the months of March through June. For May the full moon is on the 4th. I'm hoping for the chance myself because I will be there from May 1-8.

It looks like I'll be in Belize this full moon in march. Where can I go to try and catch a glimpse of a whale shark?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom