Belize in December... Like to hear from anyone with Liveaboard experience in Belize.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djanni

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Flights are booked to Belize for the 1st week in December.

Now the questions are:

1. Stay on Ambergris Caye. (Journey's End and their dive operator looks pretty good)

2. Go to Turneffe Island for the week.

3. Do one of the liveaboards. That particular week must really be slow because they are offering pretty good deals; i.e., the Aggressor III is about $1,100 PP and includes transfers. The Sun Dancer and the Nekton both show their lowest rates for that week.

We would sure like to hear from anyone who has used any of them.

For this particular week the difference between staying on Ambergris Caye and going out on the liveaboard is only about $250 PP. Turneffe Island would be more than the liveaboard but the experience would be totally different.

Opinions appreciated.

We did the Belize Aggressor back in 2000 and loved it...I am partial to liveaboards because you dive, eat, sleep, dive, eat, sleep. Also, I've been on several of the Aggressor liveaboards and have never been unsatisfied. The crew members are always helpful and friendly plus the food is great. Plus with the liveaboard you get to go to several dive sites around the area rather than be limited.

Have fun!
Suzanne : )

By any chance could u put up the link for the rates of the LOB. I will be heading to Belize dec10 as well. Thanks.

http://www.aggressor.com/subpage5.php

Somewhere at the site it said trips starting at $1,395. When I went to "check availability and make a reservation" and put in Dec 3 to 10 - 2 people, it came back with $2,195.

LOL

Don

uglyredshoes:
By any chance could u put up the link for the rates of the LOB. I will be heading to Belize dec10 as well. Thanks.

I'd do the Belize Aggressor. Did it last year. As you can see from my sig I like live-aboards.

Don Janni:
http://www.aggressor.com/subpage5.php

Somewhere at the site it said trips starting at $1,395. When I went to "check availability and make a reservation" and put in Dec 3 to 10 - 2 people, it came back with $2,195.

LOL

Don

I would contact Aggressor before making this reservation. Since $2,195 is the lowest per person price they quote on their general information part of their website, I'd sure bet that the quote you got is per person and not for 2. Would hate to see a $4400 charge on your credit card when you weren't expecting it!!

I know the Nekton price is $1395 for the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

seahep:
The owner of our LDS went to Belize in 2004 and dove of the Necton Pilot. He wrote up an excellent review
http://www.divesource.com/nektonbelize.htmlHave fun dive safe

I have been on them all. Some to dive, borrowed services from some during a 98 Huricane, some to just have a real good look.

I keep going back to the Nekton. (Its a SWATH vessel)

Gotta be a reason.

December could be rainy... or not.

It is a relatively quiet time, just before the Christmas rush, so you should get good deals. All other things being equal I'd go for the Nekton, as it's a cat and rides much better.

You're right. I called and it was the per peson price.

DiveMe:
I would contact Aggressor before making this reservation. Since $2,195 is the lowest per person price they quote on their general information part of their website, I'd sure bet that the quote you got is per person and not for 2. Would hate to see a $4400 charge on your credit card when you weren't expecting it!!

I know the Nekton price is $1395 for the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom