Belize in April advice needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My family of 3 was talking about a spring break vacation in Belize the first week in April 2010. I'm a middle-aged formerly certified diver, but way out of practice and planning to get recertified. My 15 year old son got certified this year and did half a dozen San Diego dives this past summer. My wife is not planning to dive, but hopes to paint and photograph.

Would Belize seem like a suitable destination for us, or would have other suggestions instead? And if Belize makes sense, where would you suggest we stay? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

David

Belize looks like a great destination for your vacation. My wife and I have traveled there the past two years. I dive and she is into the beach/snorkeling/drinking. We have found that Turneffe Island Resort is ideal. I highly recommend them, they are laid back, diving is so easy and there is much to do for non divers. We will return there again.....

Bill

Turneffe Island Resort is great but is a little far from the mainland. If you want to dive and see Mayan ruins and inland parks and waterfalls, Thatch Caye might also fit in with what you want. They have an instructor and will take good care of you. If you need nightlife and lots of activity, try San Pedro. Turneffe and Thatch are both on private islands and the only nightlife you will see will be that of your own making.

David,

You've had very good recommendations. Here at Belize Adventure Lodge we also cater for marine and inland adventure. We are located less than half hour from Belize City with daily transfers to and from the mainland. Most archeological sites, Zoo, and national parks are within an hour's drive from our Belize City dock major attractions further inland are within 2 hours drive. Only about 20% of our 180 acre island is developed and kayaking around is a great way of exploring and encountering wildlife. We are also within minutes from the Swallow Caye Manatee Sanctuary and the Barrier Reef with Turneffe Atoll less than half hour. April is a good time to come to Belize. There is hardly any rain and you can expect great diving conditions at Turneffe Atoll. We get prevailing Southeasterly winds that can make the Barrier Reef a little choppy but visibility is still great. April is also the beginning of our slow season here at the Lodge and you can expect competitive specials beginning in March. The only probable drawback in coming to Belize in April is that your son might not want to dive in San Diego again after experiencing our reefs and tropical climate.

Enjoy your vacation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom