Belize hotels - Mata Rocks or Caribbean Villas???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vin

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have it down to 2 Mata Rocks or Caribbean Villas???

I have been looking for out of town -quiet -new - clean - top notch- not a big resort.
CV seems like a good solution as it truly is out of town and a short bike ride or taxi in.

MR might be a good middle ground- beach bar small pool + tv internet etc. closer.

Also 250 cheaper. we are there for 11 nights. thats almost 4 dives.

But is it too small and squeezed between 2 other resorts? Lots of traffice up the beach?

Advice?

If it isn't too cramped - I might lean tward MR.
A- cheaper.
B- My Wife doesn't dive as much as i do - closer to town - more perks = better.

Thoughts?

vin

Vin
both are good hotels, yes Mata Rocks is smaller,it also has a nice little bar and pool. CV is closer to town and has i nice dock and beach, easy to walk to town. (CV 1 mile from town, MR 1 1/2 mile from town center.) You can rent a bike or a golf cart to get around the entire island from both resorts. All the dive centers will pick you up from either resort. you can't go wrong with either.
Have fun, Dive Safe
Steve

I hear good reports of both, and no bad reports. CV has a more peaceful ambience, being set in a bird sanctuary with its own observation platform above the canopy. But no pool or bar.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom