Belize Dive Shops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have scheduled a trip to Belize in Feb. 04. Can anyone suggest a good dive shop to take us out? I would like a shop that takes out small groups for the extra personal attention as I am new to diving. Thanks

Belize City..Thanks....

RIDIVER501:
If you are out on sand pedro I recommend Amigos Del Mar. excellent staff.

Them, and Pro Tech. If you're diving Ntrox, it'll come from Pro Tech anyway, so you cut out a middle man and pick up a damned good operator. I did a club trip to Ambergris Caye in June, and spent several days on the worst I've ever had, but one day with Pro Tech, and that was wonderful They recently launched a luxury boat for Blue Hole and Turneff Atoll trips.

San Pdro is but a 15 minute flight from Belize City, max altitude of 1,00 feet, so go over there, too.

(Edit)

Oops - just checked your Porfile. Is this your cruise stop? If so, that would limit your choices.
:crafty:

Belize City

Be aware that most of the diveshops in the city deal with cruise Ships so depending on what day the boat may have quite a few divers on the boat one of the smaller operators in Belize city is www.SeasportsBelize.com they do do cruise ship traffic also so make sure you ask to dive an a slower day.

The owners name is Johnny Searle ( Nice guy)

If you decide to come out to Ambergris as other have posted Protech are good so are Amigos and my shop only takes 6-8 divers per boat and are specifically focused on small groups with very personal attention.

Let me know if you need any more info on Belize City, Can I rightly presume you are arriving on a cruise ship ???? if not why are you planning on staying in Belize city ???

All the best

Gaz Cooper
www.DiveBelize.com

Yes, we are arriving in Belize City on the Elation. How far is your shop from Belize City?

Gaz:
Belize City

Be aware that most of the diveshops in the city deal with cruise Ships so depending on what day the boat may have quite a few divers on the boat one of the smaller operators in Belize city is www.SeasportsBelize.com they do do cruise ship traffic also so make sure you ask to dive an a slower day.

The owners name is Johnny Searle ( Nice guy)

If you decide to come out to Ambergris as other have posted Protech are good so are Amigos and my shop only takes 6-8 divers per boat and are specifically focused on small groups with very personal attention.

Let me know if you need any more info on Belize City, Can I rightly presume you are arriving on a cruise ship ???? if not why are you planning on staying in Belize city ???

All the best

Gaz Cooper
www.DiveBelize.com

Hi there

Unfortunatley my shop does not service cruise ships as we are too far away best bet is seasportsbelize.com in Belize City tell Johnny I said Hi

All the best

Gaz

goofystan:
I have scheduled a trip to Belize in Feb. 04. Can anyone suggest a good dive shop to take us out? I would like a shop that takes out small groups for the extra personal attention as I am new to diving. Thanks

I'm also going to be in Belize City aboard the RCCI Splendour of the Seas arriving February 23rd. I'm planning on diving and was originally planning to dive using the ships excursion but I really like what I see for Seasportsbelize. I know the other's in my group would be interested in what they have to offer other than diving.

For me, my biggest concern is that I'm a newbie diver. By the time I go on the cruise, I'll only have between 5 to 8 dives under my belt. On the cruise, I plan to dive with the Sting Ray's in Grand Cayman and time permitting do a wall dive. Then my 2nd (or 3rd) dives will be in Belize followed by diving in Cozumel. This cruise will be the first time I will have dived in saltwater and I admit to being just a bit nervous.

The worst thing I have to be concerned about when diving freshwater at home are the Bluegills or maybe a Muskie. I have been in the ocean before, but it still takes some getting used to for me.

I have to chuckle, 2 co-workers grew up living along the ocean. They LOVE saltwater but can't stand freshwater lakes whereas I'm the opposite. I LOVE freshwater lakes and am generally not crazy about saltwater (but then again, I have a GREAT imagination).

Pam

goofystand and PamJScuba
I noticed you were both planning to be in Belize this past February. Sounds like both of you were doing cruise ship diving. Can both of you provide a mini trip report. My wife and I will be in Belize, cruise ship diving, during Dec 2005. I's specifically like to know about the dive shop, and the reefs. They seem to offer two different locations, one being the main reef and the other being Turneff Atoll. Any recomendation you might provide will be appreciated
Jerry

Back
Top Bottom