Belize - Caulker. Frenchies or BDS - Prices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

www.freedomfilm.com

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have read on a Belize forum that the prices on the websites for a few dive shops arent updated due to taxes, fuel costs, etc.

Anyone have an ideas about the ACTUAL prices to dive on Caye Caulker?

Will one company give us a better deal if we book a week over another? Do either of the recommended companies there include BCD's and Regs? (I read in one place that they do...)

Also: I hear Frenchies has the better boats?

3 of us. We want to do 5 days of diving, 2 AOW certs, and one rescue cert...

Let 'er rip... Fire away...

Belize Diving Services includes equipment in their prices, I dont know if Frenchies does. Both will give 10% discount for three days of diving. Frenchies prices are as follows from an emaIL i rec'd from them
" The cost for the Turneffe trip is $230BZD and the Blue Hole is $300BZD plus $80BZD for the park fee.

Half day trips that would interest you would be Hol Chan $180BZD and Spanish Bay also $180BZD,
A night dive costs $100BZD.
There is also a 10% sales tax but since you will be diving with us for a couple days we will offer you a 10% reduction in price."

Not sure about BDS but I am sure they are both about the same.

hope that helps

Thanks for the details. That makes a difference. If we have to rent gear for 2 weeks it would definately make sence to buy the gear... But if BDS provides the gear, and we dont have to carry it.. .That is worth a few bucks too!!!!

if you have your own gear they will give you an extra discount..e-mail them for a package price....

That BZ$300 for the Blue Hole with Frenchies DOES include equipment. I dived with them and could highly recommend them.

uncletravellingphil:
That BZ$300 for the Blue Hole with Frenchies DOES include equipment. I dived with them and could highly recommend them.

Correct. Frenchies prices include gear. You would get a 10% discount if you dove with them for the five days. I just returned from there and would highly recommend Abel and his crew. I have my own gear, but it looked like they just bought a bunch of new Aqua Lung regs and Sherwood BCs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom