Trip Report Belize Aggressor III Trip Report – April 21-28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was there the week after you were but staying in Ambergris Caye. Like you, I'm glad I went...but it would have to be a great deal for me to go back.

Jay

I am glad we didn't spend any more time at the Turneffe reefs than we did and I would have been happy if we hadn't spent any time there at all. I do think it is possible for them to run the entire week out at Lighthouse, if they wanted to. Maybe the last two morning dives at Turneffe only- just to be back in Belize City at the appointed time on Friday.

This is exactly what I don't understand. The boat should head out to lighthouse the first night. At the very least it should be there by the afternoon of the first day.

The captains tip will depend on taking me to quality reefs.

@Trailboss123. By any chance, was that guide the male photographer with long black hair and Native American features? If it was the same guide that we had, several guests and I found him both useless and abrasive.

In contrast, the other guide, a black female, was great, and I often had her to myself, since almost everyone else avoided the guides and did their own thing. She was very thorough with her fish ID and used her slate to write down the names of the various species that we saw during the dive.
No, it was somebody else on that first dive. I would agree with you about the female DM. She seemed very competent and conscientious.

We stayed on Ambergris Caye in 2015 and the only interesting dive sites we had were in the Lighthouse Reef area. It was pretty fishy back then.

Excellent and very detailed report! Thanks for taking the time. :)
We're going next April and I've jotted some notes down from your and other reports.

Something I'm wondering about from the Aggressor III info is what they describe as "elegant" dinners. I imagine dinner will be just like on most other liveaboards, come as you are, rather than dressing up for dinner? Especially when you still have a night dive to go on. The "elegant" dinner combined with a hair dryer in the cabin gives a certain impression, to me anyway, that's different from other liveaboards. Is it just the usual liveaboard experience - bathing suits, cover ups, shorts, t-shirts, flip flops?

Excellent and very detailed report! Thanks for taking the time. :)
We're going next April and I've jotted some notes down from your and other reports.

Something I'm wondering about from the Aggressor III info is what they describe as "elegant" dinners. I imagine dinner will be just like on most other liveaboards, come as you are, rather than dressing up for dinner? Especially when you still have a night dive to go on. The "elegant" dinner combined with a hair dryer in the cabin gives a certain impression, to me anyway, that's different from other liveaboards. Is it just the usual liveaboard experience - bathing suits, cover ups, shorts, t-shirts, flip flops?
Nothing elegant at all. Just normal. I went barefoot the entire week. I just got rinsed off, dried off, put on some dry shorts and t-shirt for dinner. As did everyone else. Then got back into the wetsuit for the night dive. We did arrange one evening to have the night dive a tad earlier, followed by dinner- which was nice!

I think what they mean by 'elegant' is when uniformed staff bring you the plate with your food at supper. While I wasn't on that specific boat, I've been on 3 Caribbean-based Aggressors, and I tend to associate lunch with self-serve buffet, and supper with crew bringing plated food. I wore shorts and shirt; no need for long pants, dressy shirt, tie, etc... Presentation also matters; it's not a big deal to me, but plated food tends to be a bit more 'artsy' than people slapping it on the plate themselves at a buffet.

Richard.

I think what they mean by 'elegant' is when uniformed staff bring you the plate with your food at supper. While I wasn't on that specific boat, I've been on 3 Caribbean-based Aggressors, and I tend to associate lunch with self-serve buffet, and supper with crew bringing plated food. I wore shorts and shirt; no need for long pants, dressy shirt, tie, etc... Presentation also matters; it's not a big deal to me, but plated food tends to be a bit more 'artsy' than people slapping it on the plate themselves at a buffet.

Richard.
Yes-- exactly what Richard said

Thanks for the detailed overview, definitely making me think about how I should structure may trip in Jan!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom