Belize Aggressor III or IV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is not correct. We stayed in one of the two master staterooms on the BA4 they're in the front and have a queen size bed.
I stand corrected by both you and @Dogbowl - not sure why I was thinking there were not Master Staterooms on the BA4. Maybe it was the location and size of them on the BA4 that caused me to say that?

I stand corrected by both you and @Dogbowl - not sure why I was thinking there were not Master Staterooms on the BA4. Maybe it was the location and size of them on the BA4 that caused me to say that?

Yup! Their location wasn’t ideal - they were at the bow, and their size was pretty much the same as all of the other cabins. Unless you REALLY wanted to snuggle with your partner in a queen sized bed, I would’ve preferred the 2 singles in the deluxe rooms.

We have been on the IV multiple times, never on the III. The rooms on the III are all below deck. The IV has 1 room below deck (it is very large) with the rest of the rooms on the main deck with the dive gear area.

As already noted the IV is larger and has 1 more deck than the III - the top deck layout is not shown on the website - it was refitted a while ago and now has a bar area under the canopy and lounge chairs at the back. The rooms are larger and the beds are larger than the III. But the IV carries 2 more divers.

The crew of the IV does extra service:
- they keep all fins and help you don them at the platform (this was new on our recent trip)
- they remove your fins when you come back to the boat ladder
- they also rinsed and hung our wetsuits after each dive (this was new on our recent trip)

I know the OP has already booked the IV so this is kinda moot. We really liked Captain Dennis. He was really nice and welcoming and very approachable. I was expecting a little cockiness to go with being a captain, but absolutely none of that. He helped on the dive deck and cleared dishes at meals. He seemed to work just as hard as all the other crew.

The IV has 1 room below deck (it is very large) with the rest of the rooms on the main deck with the dive gear area.

When we went on a group trip in May, the trip organizer (who posts here on SB) had his pick of the rooms and he chose the room on the lower level. I was surprised, why not take one of the larger rooms in the front (which is what we did- it also has a large picture window). He said the one room downstairs is quite large and very private. I never looked at it but I take his word for it.

The crew of the IV does extra service:
- they keep all fins and help you don them at the platform (this was new on our recent trip)
- they remove your fins when you come back to the boat ladder

They call it their "fintastic service". It's a bit unnerving at first to have your fins pulled off your feet but you get used to it rather quickly to the point that if they're busy when you return to the ladder you start looking for them so you don't have to remove your fins yourself.

We really liked Captain Dennis. He was really nice and welcoming and very approachable. I was expecting a little cockiness to go with being a captain, but absolutely none of that. He helped on the dive deck and cleared dishes at meals. He seemed to work just as hard as all the other crew.

Captain Dennis is a great guy. We used the SeaBobs on one dive (they're available for dives for the entire trip). They have built in cameras and we took some great footage. We were unable to download the videos off the SeaBob because no one knew the password. I emailed Captain Dennis a few times after the trip and he took the time and effort to download them to a thumb drive and send them to me, which probably wasn't easy given his limited free time due to his heavy schedule.

When we went on a group trip in May, the trip organizer (who posts here on SB) had his pick of the rooms and he chose the room on the lower level. I was surprised, why not take one of the larger rooms in the front (which is what we did- it also has a large picture window). He said the one room downstairs is quite large and very private. I never looked at it but I take his word for it.

The room was larger than all the others which was nice but honestly, you hardly spend any time in the rooms. Next time I would probably just grab a room on the main deck but the lower room was fine. It does have a bigger shower if that's important to anyone.

I really enjoyed the BAIV and if I do it again I'd pick that same boat. It's a really large boat and plenty of room to spread out and relax. It's also very stable. Food was great as was the crew.

I’ll be staying on the Aggressor lll. I’m hoping to use the hot tub the night we board and on Friday night before we leave. And maybe the night that we don’t do a night dive. I’m going on the week of New Years. Anyone else going the same time? And hoping to stay couple days for land tours before heading back to the state.

Back
Top Bottom