Belize Aggressor III or IV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jo B. Killie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Can anyone tell me the difference between the two Aggressor boats leaving from Belize? I see from the floor plans they have different lay outs but are there any other differences? Can anyone give a recommendation for one over the other?
(We will be a couple traveling in December)

Thanks in advance

I've been looking at the III and IV and believe I would take the IV because of the side by side beds rather than bunks. I travel solo and am assigned a roommate. Not a major criteria, I was fine on the Okeanos Aggressor II with bunks, but liked the Red Sea Aggressor I and the Galapagos Aggressor III with side by sides more. My choice is not applicable to a couple, perhaps even the opposite of what you would want :)

I've been looking at the III and IV and believe I would take the IV because of the side by side beds rather than bunks. I travel solo and am assigned a roommate. Not a major criteria, I was fine on the Okeanos Aggressor II with bunks, but liked the Red Sea Aggressor I and the Galapagos Aggressor III with side by sides more.

That was the reason I chose BAIV as well, the side-by-side beds vs the bunk-style beds on the BAIII. Other than that, their itineraries are the same. I haven’t been on the BAIII so can’t compare the crew or food.

Here’s a pic I took of the 2 boats side-by-side:

upload_2018-7-30_13-32-25.jpeg

BAIII on the left, BAIV on the right.

We were on the Belize Aggressor 4 2 months ago.

The main difference is that the B4 is considerably larger and older than the B3, it's getting a bit dated but again, much more spacious and the cabins have larger beds, side by side as opposed to bunk beds. B4 has not hot tub, the B3 does. They both travel the same or similar routes. I'd prefer the large boat any day of the week.

The BA3 also has one master stateroom and the IV doesn't have any. If you are willing to spring for the extra $ to stay in the stateroom and assuming you are going with someone you will be OK sleeping with, it could be a differentiator. It has a bigger cabin, it is on the top deck next to the Captain's quarter and not down in the lower deck and has an almost queen size bed. My wife and I loved it. All that said, we were leaning to go on the BA4 since it has a larger boat layout overall- but, it was sold out the week we wanted to go.

The BA3 also has one master stateroom and the IV doesn't have any. If you are willing to spring for the extra $ to stay in the stateroom and assuming you are going with someone you will be OK sleeping with, it could be a differentiator. It has a bigger cabin, it is on the top deck next to the Captain's quarter and not down in the lower deck and has an almost queen size bed. My wife and I loved it. All that said, we were leaning to go on the BA4 since it has a larger boat layout overall- but, it was sold out the week we wanted to go.

To clarify, there are 2 “master” cabins on the BAIV, at the bow. And they contain a queen bed each and they do cost extra. Having stayed in one, I wouldn’t pay extra to stay in them again. The size of the cabin is pretty much the same as all the other deluxe cabins and they are all on the main/dive deck. All had picture windows. That's why I put "master" in quotation marks. There's not much difference between the master and deluxe cabins on this boat.

The largest cabin of all is actually below the dive deck and that one has 2 smaller windows.

Last edited:
Thank you all! This was helpful.

Aggressor went on sale last night so we did end up booking on the BA IV

Back
Top Bottom