Belize Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found that Glover's had much better diving than Lighthouse, which had much better diving than Turneffe, which had a little bit better diving than Ambergris. Turneffe and Ambergris were very disappointing for me.

Glover's had the healthiest reef out of all of the above, and lots of big life.

Glovers is the best diving in Belize. I go to ambergris every year. As a veteran you may turn your nose up at the reef directly off Ambergris, although I have a fondness for particular dives sites there. If you want to dive comparative to sites like Santa Rosa wall or Colombia off Cozumel, you need to get out to glovers reef, which puts accommodation in liveaboard range as you will have to stay on turneffe etc. As opposed to ambergris where you will likley only get one or two trips out in a week and likley will only be to Turneffe. As people have said before. Blue hole is ‘one and done’ personally I would keep an eye out to aggressor deals. I’ve seen it It as low as $2k for a 7 day before.

Cayman Brac/little cayman is quite good. I have always felt they have individual Sites on a par/slightly better than Belize, but you have more sites of a high Level around glover’s reef etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom