Belize, 2 weeks, where to dive, and live?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found Thatch Caye to be the perfect place to relax. After diving, I would lay up in the hammock on the roof of my casita and watch the spotted eagle rays jumping out of the water. Sometimes I would take a kayak out to Man O' War Caye to look at the birds. Most of the time, I didn't know what day it was. Just the way it should be.

Thatch Caye's web site shows two dives a day.

Not what I would consider a dive vacation.

More like a vacation with some diving.

Last edited:
You can have as many dives a day as you want. It's totally guest-driven. Four day dives plus a night dive if you want.

So, would you recommend Thatch Caye over Turneffe Lodge? Is the diving better at one location? Do both have ac? Thanks.

Thatch Caye has very varied diving on the barrier reef and at all three atolls, and is in absolute terms excellent. It's also a private island with all that that implies. And you're only a 30 minute boat ride from the mainland. I can't speak for Turneffe Island Lodge as I haven't been there, but I'm sure others can contribute.

My wife and I are considering diving in Belize again. Several years ago we dove around Ambergis. We were considering Turneffe Lodge and now hear about Thatch Caye Resort. What are the pros and cons of each? We are looking for good diving, but want a nice place to relax between dives.

The seafood at Thatch is the best. Travis has access to fresh farmed shrimp, fresh farmed cobia...you gotta taste these fat "pigs of the sea"...really good. Not to mention he has these two crazed spearo friends who bring him fresh dog snapper, mutton snappers, black grouper, cero mackerels for sashimi...all the best. Nothing taken illegally, properly iced....:eyebrow: ya man.

Back
Top Bottom