Being the first in the water at whytecliff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's some nudi's from the dive.

Great Photos! I love the variety of Nudis once you start noticing them. Here's another one from Whytecliff this weekend (Though we were NOT first in the water, and the vis was horrible.)

thumbs_yellow-and-white-tipped-nudi.jpg

Re: starting to notice nudis. I didn't see a single one until about dive 20... I wonder why? :wink:

Sure makes a difference once you aren't spending every brain cell keeping buoyancy in line.

Would be interested in directions to the wolf eel. Diving a single tank doesn't leave much time to look around at that depth. Who knows. Maybe I now have a reason to strap doubles to my back.
The wolf eel is about 140' on the cut
Mike, is this more or less where the eel is (see attachment)?

Attachments

• thecut.jpg
    thecut.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 46
Great Photos! I love the variety of Nudis once you start noticing them. Here's another one from Whytecliff this weekend (Though we were NOT first in the water, and the vis was horrible.)

Nice pic. I don't think I've seen one of those before. White and orange tipped nudi.

I know the feeling. We were first in this Monday. Guess nobody likes to dive in the rain. Lots more fish out and good vis. Had to stick to the day marker due to the 12ft tidal exchange though.

Would be interested in directions to the wolf eel. Diving a single tank doesn't leave much time to look around at that depth. Who knows. Maybe I now have a reason to strap doubles to my back.

Here's some nudi's from the dive.

Nice! Where did you see that second one with the white stripes that looks like a garden slug? Was it in the sandy bay area or on the rocks/wall? I've never seen one of those before!

I was blown away by nudis at a different site.... about 3-4 weeks ago VJanelle and I noticed many copulating NuDis on a dive... 2 weeks later at that site there were thousands and thousands of mini nudis EVERYWHERE...

Between those two dives, I did not notice Nudis much at all.... but after the hatching and a bit of growing Voila.

So is it possible that the lack of noticed nudis corresponded to egg/hatchling stage for the newly noticing nudi diver??

Mike, is this more or less where the eel is (see attachment)?

I have to admit, I have not seen the wolf eel at WC however my info comes from those that have. That does look like the right area as when I took my tech classes the other team on one dive saw it and that looks about right given our depth and time we were at. I have also had others outside the class verify this also.

I have been meaning to go exploring and find him/her. Just have not got around to it.

Back
Top Bottom