Beginner Level Dives in West Palm Beach?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jax951

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My wife and I will be down in WPB for the 4th of July. I would like to get in a couple of dives while we are there. Her step-dad has a boat and will take us out to where ever we want to go. Can anyone recommend any beginner level dives in the WPB area? My wife's only experience with open water diving is 20' in the keys, so I would really prefer not to any deeper than 50-60' with no currents. Can anyone give me some recommendations and GPS coordinates?
Thanks in advance,
Mark

I don't know the area too well, but you can check out the Broward county artificial reef association website....obviously their stuff is south of Palm Beach, but not too far and the website is really comprehensive, complete with GPS #s

I would not try to dive in west palm if you do not like currents. there is very little to dive in less than 60 feet and the current at that depth can still be 1.5 kts commonly. At the least go on a charter boat if you and the boat operator are not experienced in drift diving.

dumpsterDiver:
I would not try to dive in west palm if you do not like currents. there is very little to dive in less than 60 feet and the current at that depth can still be 1.5 kts commonly. At the least go on a charter boat if you and the boat operator are not experienced in drift diving.

I agree. Dove there before and the 2 sites we dove were just like Cozumel...very fast drift dives. Good diving but would not recommend for a beginner.

I would agree with the above comments. I love WPB diving, but it is all drift diving currents can be mild to wild. I will actually be down there diving most of that entire week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom