Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Marie13 not arguing about whether the apeks valve you had was bad or not but wanted to point out that the separate ring that fell off in your earlier pic is normal based on other newer apeks valves I’ve seen. The older dump valves don’t have it. I’m guessing the purpose is to ensure the suit doesn’t interfere with the valve operation, but not entirely sure.

Ice diving class behind the Cheddar Curtain this weekend.

i show that vid to ALL my ice diving students ..........

Two dives today. We finish up tomorrow. 38F/3C water. The chainsaw was too heavy for me, so I used the ice saw. There was a steep slope of snow covered rocks to get to the ice. I went down on my butt. We slid all tanks down. I had to park a ways away and the walk about trashed my knees. There were a number of young strong guys who offered to haul my gear. I’m very glad they did.

We’re at Devils Lake State Park near Baraboo, WI. So there were a lot of people out and about taking in the gorgeous day. A number of people came over to watch from a distance, but we told them they were allowed to come closer. Lot of people ice fishing, too. The game warden came over and had a nice chat with us.

Yes, I know. I committed the cardinal sin of mask on forehead. Do I give a flying fig? Nope! :D

FCEB2200-8180-4389-86FC-9C27019478FF.jpeg

Did you see any fish?

Did you see any fish?

Nope. Viz was crap. Lots of particulate in the water. 10ft viz if we were lucky. Viz is not the best at this site normally anyway.

That sucks, I would expect viz for days to make dealing with the cold worthwhile.

That sucks, I would expect viz for days to make dealing with the cold worthwhile.

:rofl3:

This is the Midwest, not Florida!

New undies were very warm, too. Worth every penny.

:rofl3:

This is the Midwest, not Florida!

New undies were very warm, too. Worth every penny.

Undies aren't cheap. I bought a full set of Fourth Element, there is another $1k right there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom