Bee’s Knees for cold neck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

piikki

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Did you guys know about this and not tell me??? Last weekend I tried a new thingy I had never heard about: Diving Concepts Neck Expander. What a great thing for cold water drysuit diver. Well, maybe not for anyone with neoprene neck seal but if you have latex seal and dislike the hoods that tuck in and instead use the stumpy hood that leave your neck a little exposed to that first rush of cold water… wooo!! That thing worked great.

Just in case you never heard about it either take a look. I could not find it on DC page but it’s just a simple neoprene collar that you pull on your neck before putting your drysuit on. Then you set your latex seal on top of it. Buddy got one because of problems with latex allergy, and the shop was selling them for divers who have problems with leakage due to too large neck seals. They said they have started selling them as simple warmers too, so just try.

I am sold. No more water trickling when you turn your head quickly and the added warmth is incredible. I am starting to understand why some people like neoprene seals on the neck! It comes on different sizes, and I bet one could DIY it too. Price was under $20 and I bet as winter approaches I am going to be even happier about this find!

Did you guys know about this and not tell me??? Last weekend I tried a new thingy I had never heard about: Diving Concepts Neck Expander. What a great thing for cold water drysuit diver. Well, maybe not for anyone with neoprene neck seal but if you have latex seal and dislike the hoods that tuck in and instead use the stumpy hood that leave your neck a little exposed to that first rush of cold water… wooo!! That thing worked great.

Just in case you never heard about it either take a look. I could not find it on DC page but it’s just a simple neoprene collar that you pull on your neck before putting your drysuit on. Then you set your latex seal on top of it. Buddy got one because of problems with latex allergy, and the shop was selling them for divers who have problems with leakage due to too large neck seals. They said they have started selling them as simple warmers too, so just try.

I am sold. No more water trickling when you turn your head quickly and the added warmth is incredible. I am starting to understand why some people like neoprene seals on the neck! It comes on different sizes, and I bet one could DIY it too. Price was under $20 and I bet as winter approaches I am going to be even happier about this find!
You can make the same thing for your wrists too, we used to do that and then fold the sleeve back up over the wrist seal to make a surface for the old UNISUIT mitts to seal on.

Back
Top Bottom