Become a PADI Divemaster on Maui!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KrisB

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
When: anytime!
Where: Maui, Hawaii -- mostly Kihei / Wailea area
How much: materials: ~$150; rental gear: depends on your needs; registration fee (paid to PADI): ~$75; instruction: by gratuity

Are you ready to take the next step in your dive career and join the professional ranks of PADI? The PADI Divemaster course trains you in more advanced dive theory including physics, physiology, equipment, environment and decompression theory, in addition to providing you with the skills needed to guide certified divers and work with dive students.

You will demonstrate instructional-quality skills and response to diver emergencies, and have the opportunity to work with real, live students and several different instructors.

To begin the course, you must be a PADI Rescue Diver (or equivalent) with 20 dives. By the end of the course, you must have 60 dives, with experience in deep, night and navigation specialty areas as well as have current (within 2 years) CPR & First Aid certification.

Since this is a performance-based course, I cannot guarantee a completion timeframe. If you are motivated, have all the materials completed early, and are available most mornings, it could be completed in as little as 2-3 weeks.

As being a PADI Divemaster includes being capable of responding effectively to dive-related emergencies, I'm also offering the Divers Alert Network Diving Emergency Management and On-Site Neurological Assessment Provider courses alongside this course.

The DEMP course trains you in use of an AED and advanced emergency oxygen systems, including the bag valve mask (BVM) and manually-triggered ventilator (MTV), in addition to preparing you to provide first aid dealing specifically with hazardous marine life injuries. Coupled with the Onsite Neurological Assessment, you'll be well equipped to provide first aid in nearly any dive emergency.

The materials cost for this add-on course is $50, with three PADI Distinctive Specialty certifications available to be issued for $20 each (these count towards your Master Scuba Diver rating).

Are you interested? Do you have other questions? If so, please contact me here, or by e-mail: kris@simplescuba.ca and I would be pleased to answer them for you!

Cheers,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom