Beaver Lake DOG Days Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hoosier:
Hey guys.

I plan to participate in Dogs day at BT mine this weekend. Is there anything I have to be aware of and prepared for in advance? Please let me know if you pop up something based on your experience. For example, I am told that DUI provides the weight, but other previous participants also mentioned to bring my own weight, too. Etc….

In addition, how long does it take from St. Louis to BT? I have been at St. Louis several times, but not BT......

Thanks in advance,

St. Louis to Bonne Terre is app. 1-1/2 hour drive. This will be the first DOG Days at Bonne Terre, and the site logistics are a bit difficult anyway, so be prepared for some disorganization and delays. Get there early--you will need to sign releases and watch the Bonne Terre site safety video before you can get started.

Tips:
1. Get dressed at the same time as your buddy and be ready to go when you are dressed. If a warm day you will get hot pretty quickly when dressed--at least at Bonne Terre as soon as you walk into the mine entrance it will be cool and you will be comfortable.
2. Bring at least as much weight as you usually wear with a 7 mm wetsuit, and possibly an additional 4-5 lbs if you own it. Some will be available for rent or borrow, as well.
3. Tanks will not be needed--they are provided, and thankfully they are already at the bottom of the mine.

Have fun,

theskull

theskull:
...so be prepared for some disorganization and delays.

That has nothing to do with DUI, that is all on Bonne Terre Mine.

diverbob:
That has nothing to do with DUI, that is all on Bonne Terre Mine.

Good point! DUI does these events with a crew of 3-4 DUI employees and the success of the event is in the hands of the host facility and the number and quality of volunteers the facility can attract to provide the real labor. I do hope the Bonne Terre staff can rise to the occasion.

theskull

Back
Top Bottom