Beaver Lake DOG Days Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrRobb

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well I'll be the first to report back on another successful DUI Demo Day at Beaver Lake. The weather couldn't have been better. Air temps in the mid 70's and water temps in the mid 50's. The vis in the Demo are on Saturday was about 30ft once you got away from the groups of floundering first timers. Got up early Sunday morning and Wkndbum and I had a great dive at the bluffs south of the Demo days site. Vis there wasn't as good as I expected it to be at depth, but lots of fish to entertain us on the safety stop. Wkndbum and I wore Midwest Muck Divers t-shirt so we could spot each other. My shirt got lots of comments from non scubaboard divers (wasn't even sure they existed).
Lets hear from everyone else who was there.... I know a few other scubaboard members made it and lets hear the lame excuses from those that didn't...

Robb

Hay DrRobb Thought I saw you there but wasn't sure that was you. My kid and I went and helped out (the kid at the dinner). Glad you had a good time. Hope to see you at Oronogo this year...

dive:
Hay DrRobb Thought I saw you there but wasn't sure that was you. My kid and I went and helped out (the kid at the dinner). Glad you had a good time. Hope to see you at Oronogo this year...

I saw a KISS rebreather.. that had to be you.. Not that many of those out there. I hope you got in some good dive time.

This was my first experience in a drysuit, I had a blast. The only problem I have is now I have to get a drysuit! :) You'd have to be crazy to wear a 7mm/farmer john in cold water if you can afford the kind of coin they get for these things!

It was good to meet Robb and Terry and Bob.

Special thanks to Robb for using your valuable dive time to buddy up with such a noob, I learned a lot about drysuits, BP/W and the bungeed backup (esp. about the bungeed backup). Hope the dinner on Saturday night and your dives on Sunday over on the other shore went great.

I had a good time down there, weather was GREAT, hated to leave on Sunday.

Good to meet Bob, John & see Robb again. Enjoyed the Sunday dive Robb, we'll have to do it again.

Tried 2 different DUI suits on Sat, TLS 350 & Flex 50/50 with zip seal dry gloves.
I liked both suits, but to be honest, I used my Bare NexGen sunday with dry gloves & was just as comfortable as with the DUI's. I felt the DUI staff & volunteers did a great job fitting/sizing everybody up.

Dinner (BBQ) was ok but I think they should have given the door prizes to people that attended instead of asking if anyone knew the person drawn & sending the prize with them. (yea, that's right I didn't win anything) ha

Had hoped to meet some of the other "Midwest Muck Divers" there but Dr Robb & myself were the only ones decked out in the offical T-Shirts.
"Dive" was that your daughter @ the dinner that put on the antique dry suit?
Cute kid.

Terry

Wkndbum:
I had a good time down there, weather was GREAT, hated to leave on Sunday.

Good to meet Bob, John & see Robb again. Enjoyed the Sunday dive Robb, we'll have to do it again.

Tried 2 different DUI suits on Sat, TLS 350 & Flex 50/50 with zip seal dry gloves.
I liked both suits, but to be honest, I used my Bare NexGen sunday with dry gloves & was just as comfortable as with the DUI's. I felt the DUI staff & volunteers did a great job fitting/sizing everybody up.

Dinner (BBQ) was ok but I think they should have given the door prizes to people that attended instead of asking if anyone knew the person drawn & sending the prize with them. (yea, that's right I didn't win anything) ha

Had hoped to meet some of the other "Midwest Muck Divers" there but Dr Robb & myself were the only ones decked out in the offical T-Shirts.
"Dive" was that your daughter @ the dinner that put on the antique dry suit?
Cute kid.

Terry

Yep that is my daughter

DrRobb:
Lets hear from everyone else who was there....
Robb
My 1st time diving dry as well... impressive! Mighty comfy in 51 degree water indeed. Some pretty nice sized bass down there.

Getting up at 5:30am and driving over 500 miles round trip made for a long day, but a couple of dry dives and a stunning day made it well worth the effort. Next year it will be a 2 day event for me.

Didn't spot the board shirts, sorry.

Jeff

Hey guys.

I plan to participate in Dogs day at BT mine this weekend. Is there anything I have to be aware of and prepared for in advance? Please let me know if you pop up something based on your experience. For example, I am told that DUI provides the weight, but other previous participants also mentioned to bring my own weight, too. Etc….

In addition, how long does it take from St. Louis to BT? I have been at St. Louis several times, but not BT......

Thanks in advance,

hoosierI plan to participate in Dogs day at BT mine this weekend. Is there anything I have to be aware of and prepared for in advance? ….[/QUOTE:
Bring all of your weights. They have SOME extra, but you'll still need yours. They have demo hoods, gloves, and larger fins (yours won't work over the rock boots).

Their FAQ section online will answer most of your questions.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. But, I have already looked through it. I am not sure if that is it.:wink:
farfromwater:
Bring all of your weights. They have SOME extra, but you'll still need yours. They have demo hoods, gloves, and larger fins (yours won't work over the rock boots).

Their FAQ section online will answer most of your questions.

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom