Beaver lake dive conditions and a question on a site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avonthediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi all I went out to Beaver lake for a new gear checkout and just to see what water conditions are like. My new HOG reg's work like a dream so no problem their.
I tryed to get into the park side to dive the bluff's but the corp still has the gate locked, so I pulled around to the main road heading to the dam and C&J and stoped at the pull off their.
I fish here during the summer and have made one dive their but nothing ever caught my eye...that is till this day.

I made my way south out of the cove and found a line down to a training platform and keep on my way down the line to a boat called "Lana" with a chest at its bow that has a few goodys in it. the line kept going onto another boat and platform making my way back to the first boat I saw that another line came off the back of the Lana and way out into th open I did not want to break my limit for the day as I was really only their to try out my new regs so I finished my dive with a smile on my face! :D

I got home that night and looked at the pages of sites for the Beaver area and found only one note for the boats I found but just say at dam site north. I have never ever seen diver's in this area only fisherman I have made a small map and my question is this what all is around this spot other than the bluff's?

water :50
viz: 5-10 :(
lake is down about 10 ft
site is sitting at 24 & 35 ft down

But It was a great way to start the dive season! :wink:

Attachments

• beaver dam north.jpg
    beaver dam north.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 701
Theres tons of stuff in that area. That whole cove is full of stuff. If you follow the road out to teh site park and onto the bluffs, C7J has loaded all kinds of toys under water included a large cabin cruiser. Sux about the vis, hopefully it will clear up before DUI.

Yeah Avon, One of the guys at Sportsco told me about that platform... apparently there are line off of it leading to all sorts of things. I've been meaning to check it out but every time I go there it seems like some dive school or another is have OW check outs there. I'm bummed about the viz... remember this time last year before the big rain we had nearly 50ft

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom