Beaver Lake Arkansas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishfry2

Reaction score
Thinking of planning a trip to Beaver Lake over the Memorial Day weekend. Give me all the information you guys got.

I dove Beaver Lake 4 weekends last year. All shore dives. What kind of info do you want?

Wkndbum:
I dove Beaver Lake 4 weekends last year. All shore dives. What kind of info do you want?
Is all the diving on the North side? We are going to camp and don't want to drive to far to the diving. Is there a place to refill tanks on lake?

Thanks

There is a COE campground close to the dam but no diving is allowed from the campground. About a half mile from the campground is a day use area North of the dam, a lot of diving done there. Another place on the North side (only about 3 miles from the campground) called "stairsteps" (day use only) is great diving. Several drop offs & flooded trees at about 70'. Those are the area's I have dove at. If you have access to a boat you would have more places to choose from.

This marina has air http://www.lostbridgemarina.com/, it is about a half hour drive from the dam.

Any other ?, send me a pm if you want.
terry@heese.us

Beaver has warmed up a bit. It's in the mid-sixties now and should be approaching 70 by Memorial Day. Agreed, best diving is around dam...pretty much SW of dam is campground that most people dive from. Cool cedar forest at about 50 feet from the point. If you need specifics, call Jack who runs the dive shop in Springdale 479-751-0636. He's crawled around all over the lake.

ednedfred:
Best diving is around dam...pretty much SW of dam is campground that most people dive from.

Well IMHO the dam is where all the open water students are at. There are a lot of sites that are better! most take a boat to get to however. The foundations on catfish flats are a good spot for novice divers, Sailboat cove is good for finding all kinds of items, There are bluffs to dive if you like wall dives, and there is sheep cave for those who are certified and can find it.

Depths can range from 15 feet to 211 feet best we have been able to get. If you are interested in a weekend the shop I work for has a 65ft house boat that has on board compressor and cascade for all the diving you can handle including lodging and meals

Liveaboard

Hallmac

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom