Beaver Lake 9/15 Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's pretty nice. Playing around at the bluffs and the early morning sun could be seen from 55'. Water still fairly warm. Was an excellent dive until some schmo was swimming with his arms and dragging his fins on the bottom. We backtracked his trail for at least 100 yds. I think someone mentioned this earlier, but I can also confirm that the water has a blueish tinge to instead of the more common green. Lots of green algae on the rocks, but it hasn't turned brown yet.

A blue tinge would be nice to see for a change, that's kind of rare. I've seen orange and green mostly, I think I'd like to sample blue.

Was there on the 22nd and the vis was just as good if not better.... This has been an AWESOME year for Beaver Lake and visibility.....
-Imbodie

Was there on the 22nd and the vis was just as good if not better.... This has been an AWESOME year for Beaver Lake and visibility.....
-Imbodie

Wish we would have made it over there this year. Hopefully next summer!

We're still in the early season of scuba diving, plenty of time left to dive Beaver Lake. In fact the best vis is yet to come. I think January - March is about the best time to dive there, awesome is the only way to describe it.

We're still in the early season of scuba diving, plenty of time left to dive Beaver Lake. In fact the best vis is yet to come. I think January - March is about the best time to dive there, awesome is the only way to describe it.

Unfortunately the season is over for us. No drysuits yet, and I am admittedly a WWW (warm water wuss).

I must say that even now we are totally comfortable in a 3/2 wetsuit down to about 35'. If you're wanting to go deeper, a 5mm works good. The temps are in the upper 70's at the surface and mid 50's from 35' down. If you like playing with the fish, that all happens at the 35 and up range anyway so don't let the later part of the season scare you off. We hope to be there on the weekend of Oct 6&7 to play some more.

+1 Waltnshar, but it will only last as long as the evenings don't dip below 55 degrees or so.

Scubagal, a 5mm or 7mm should do you just fine down to 60-70ft at Beaver right now. The temps are right around 50 degrees at that depth for a little longer. Any deeper and you might want to dive dry (unless you're REALLY cold prone and need it shallower), but be sure to check your regs folks, if they are not environmentally sealed units they are most likely only rated to 50 degrees, any colder and they begin to freeze up and a failure under those conditions could be fatal.

Thanks all for the info. Unfortunately work schedules is the main reason we had to end our local diving for this year. Don't you hate it when work gets in the way of diving! Beaver Lake is high on my list for next season. Thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom