Beaumont, Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OUTHOUSE

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Greetings.

Recently moved from Austin Texas to Beaumont (work related...don't ask).

I started diving last summer and ended up logging 46 dives along with owning all my own equipment.

I am looking for a local dive buddy in the area to dive with on a regular basis when it warms up. Give me a shout if your interested. Thanks

Little about myself.

28yr old Male
Graduated from Texas A&M
Padi Certified Advanced Diver. Looking to do Rescue Diver.

You might want to drop by Scuba Brothers in Nederland. Last time I was in they had quite a few people just sitting around the table swapping stories so it might be a good place to start. Much of the diving in that area is focused on spearfishing at the rigs but there are freshwater spots to dive in. I ended up driving to Houston to dive with the Houston Swampers quite often when I lived in that area.

Thanks Chrispete,

I actually went there yesterday just to trade some contact info with some potential dive partners.

My house is still on sale in Austin/Leander so I actually will end up at Windy Point this weekend.

Too bad the company I work for is too good to leave here in Beaumont.

Dove Windy Point this weekend.

Surface temp was 61. The 2nd tier was 30' and 55 degrees.

Man that was cold. I will be diving smith lake in vidor this weekend.

Any suggestions?

It's 20' deep if you push your computer into the mud. There are several boats and whatnot, last time I was there they had lines running from the platforms to all of them. It's a great place to get used to zero viz conditions (can't see your gauge pressed against your mask) as there's a lot of silt that gets kicked up fairly easily and classes are more than happy to kick it up for you. The viz does get pretty good outside of areas that have been kicked up by classes, etc. It'll warm up faster than you can imagine once the sun stays out for a bit, it'll be hot tub warm in August.

For things to do otherwise: Root around the bottom of the platforms in the silt. I have a nice collection of excellent masks, snorkels, weightbelts, etc. that I found that had simply gotten swallowed by the silt. You can also swim over to the "swim area" portion of the lake and treasure hunt under the zipline/diving board area.

Dove Windy Point this weekend.

Surface temp was 61. The 2nd tier was 30' and 55 degrees.

Man that was cold. I will be diving smith lake in vidor this weekend.

Any suggestions?

Smith Lake ? haven't heard of this one.please give a report. might be something to check out.I'm used to low vis diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom