Beaches Resort, Turks and Caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Really?? I have shown that to many people and thought it was just a black tip. Even the dive master said it was a blacktip when we came up from that dive.

Edit:

I guess you're right - i thought the black tip on the smaller rear fins is what made it that - but this is clearly a bull shark. Cool!

Bull:
BullShark046.jpg

Black:

blacktip-reef-shark-swimming.jpg

Hmm, looks like it could be a Caribbean Reef Shark too though... it and a Bull Shark look very similar.

photo.jpg

OK I am going next June, not sure of exact location, family trip celebrating 1 HS & 1 College graduation. So we are looking to book a Villa.
Do all ops ask for validated logs or computers? I work on a dive boat in Cape Hatteras, but tend to only use a BT & Nitek Trio no computer readouts, & needless to say I don't dive with an instructor to sign my log book which I stopped using after 300 dives & my Full Trimix cert.
I certainly don't want to waste a day proving myself to someone who probably doesn't have my diverse diving history.
Been everywhere from Great Lakes to Utila diving in unlimited vis to 18 inches. 80+degrees to 37 degrees.
Any independent dive ops there? Recommended?

OK I am going next June, not sure of exact location, family trip celebrating 1 HS & 1 College graduation. So we are looking to book a Villa.
Do all ops ask for validated logs or computers? I work on a dive boat in Cape Hatteras, but tend to only use a BT & Nitek Trio no computer readouts, & needless to say I don't dive with an instructor to sign my log book which I stopped using after 300 dives & my Full Trimix cert.
I certainly don't want to waste a day proving myself to someone who probably doesn't have my diverse diving history.
Been everywhere from Great Lakes to Utila diving in unlimited vis to 18 inches. 80+degrees to 37 degrees.
Any independent dive ops there? Recommended?

If you did the dives then fill out a few in a paper log. Your good to go with out any issues. I list my last three whenever going anywhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom