Beaches Resort, Turks and Caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I recall just a signed log book gets it done. One thing is for sure, in the water you can't fake your skill level. :D

If I recall just a signed log book gets it done. One thing is for sure, in the water you can't fake your skill level. :D

I hear ya. Not looking to fake anything, just avoid wasting one of our days there. We're competent though certainly not expert divers. We've never had issues before and always try to sneak in a dive or two each year to keep ourselves honest. And we know our limitations. It's all good.

Unless Beaches T and C have changed their requirements since we were there 4 years ago, you will indeed be wasting a day having a check out dive IN THE POOL. Dear Husband and I, both rescue divers, had to do the pool gig. Their posisiton was you could be an instructor, and you still had to do the pool. As they only did it once a day, we actually wasted 2 days on this, having missed the time on the first day. They also had an extremely conservative profile. Max depth was 60 feet and they wanted 1000 psi getting back on the boat. At the time we thought they must have been sued recently. It's a nice resort to travel with your kids, but I would strongly suggest a different dive shop if you would like to actually see any of Provo's famous walls.

Unless Beaches T and C have changed their requirements since we were there 4 years ago, you will indeed be wasting a day having a check out dive IN THE POOL. Dear Husband and I, both rescue divers, had to do the pool gig. Their posisiton was you could be an instructor, and you still had to do the pool. As they only did it once a day, we actually wasted 2 days on this, having missed the time on the first day. They also had an extremely conservative profile. Max depth was 60 feet and they wanted 1000 psi getting back on the boat. At the time we thought they must have been sued recently. It's a nice resort to travel with your kids, but I would strongly suggest a different dive shop if you would like to actually see any of Provo's famous walls.

Things have definitely changed since your diving experience. I saw several couples get on the boat after doing their pool checkout before the boat left in the morning. If I recall there are pool sessions at 8:30 and at 3. No pool session if you had a dive logged within the past 90 days. OW card holders were limited to 60 feet and AOW and above 100 fsw limit and a 40 minute dive time. No ending pressure limit, in fact when I would get back on the boat with a safety reserve I would often be told air is free use it all(not that I agree with that)

I'm going down this week and wondering if anyone has dived with Club Med?
Just wondering if thier requirements for recent logged dives the same? I dove twice this spring but failed to log them.

I'm going down this week and wondering if anyone has dived with Club Med?
Just wondering if thier requirements for recent logged dives the same? I dove twice this spring but failed to log them.

My wife and I have dived with Club Med three times since certification. Their major concern has been time since last dive. Guests were asked the date of the most recent diving. One year or more, they wanted a refresher dive, I believe. On our first trip, some folks were asked to show logbooks. This didn't happen on the subsequent trips, to my knowledge. There were no other requirements. In fact, on our first trip, we were rank newbies with under 10 dives and were told just to buddy dive. We opted to tag along after a DM who led a small group. The other times, we just dove as buddies.

Just got back and I had a very nice time diving with the Beaches crew!!! :D

Here are the specifics on the dive program requirements from the watersports director for Sandals and Beaches.

The under mention are need to know information. It is straight forward, and also standard throughout Sandals/Beaches Resorts

• Certified diver who have dive within 6 months can go straight to a dive, once he or she clear medical and show proof of dive e.g. Logbook with stamp authenticating the dive/s & depth. Dive Computer
• All diver/s that have not dive in 7 months and up must do a pool assessment of 4 skills.
• Certified diver/s that has not dive up to 18 months must do a refresher at a minimal cost.
• All diver/s below Dive Master Level must do a shallow dive before they (diver) can go on any deep dive.
• All diver/s that complete the shallow dive satisfactory will be able to do both deep and shallow dives daily
Once the requirements are met all certified divers can dive twice (2) per day seven days per week if they (Diver) so desire.

All participants certified or non-certified diver/s MUST fill out a medical questionnaire before he or she can participate in recreational diving. This information is in case a medical clearance from a doctor may be needed for any medical condition including medication being taken. See (Sandals All Inclusive Caribbean Resorts & Vacation Packages | Wedding, Honeymoon, Couples Only) to view medical statement

My wife and I have dived with Club Med three times since certification. Their major concern has been time since last dive. Guests were asked the date of the most recent diving. One year or more, they wanted a refresher dive, I believe. On our first trip, some folks were asked to show logbooks. This didn't happen on the subsequent trips, to my knowledge. There were no other requirements. In fact, on our first trip, we were rank newbies with under 10 dives and were told just to buddy dive. We opted to tag along after a DM who led a small group. The other times, we just dove as buddies.

Not sure if they still require it, but when we were diving Club Med in the Bahamas 5 years ago (oh the walls!), they required a Doctor's exam and permission to dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom