BC's Weekly Dive 8/30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hehe Well im not going to make this one. Im going to try and rally some people up this way to dive malibu. As for you asking those questions. I usualy Gear up all but hood and Gloves at the car Slap on my Al63 and 20lbs and Would hike down the trail. Im sure you can do it partialy geared up and then finish at the bottom. Its all personal Prefrence.

Yea, doesn't look like anyone is going to show up. I'm down for Malibu, let me know.:D

You guys can still dive here! Im just saying it is to far for me to drive expecialy with my car.

Well Judith and I are in! And if no one else shows up and we're not comfortable by ourselves, we'll just head over to White Point, since we're familiar with that now.
-Andy

Well Judith and I are in! And if no one else shows up and we're not comfortable by ourselves, we'll just head over to White Point, since we're familiar with that now.
-Andy

Hey Andy, I'll join you two. I really wanted to dive this site so I'm in.

i'm gonna have to pass i pushed my ankle a bit far today on the boat to do ANY dive tomorrow. Have fun y'all

Well, the three of us did it! (Although I can feel the pain creeping into my thighs from the hike back up as I write this) The viz was pretty bad and we got pushed around a lot by the surge. (alykitcat, it sooooo wasn't worth risking your ankle for.) We had to stick pretty close together, in fact, we surfaced several times during the dive because we got separated. But, all-in-all, it was a good experience, especially for Judith and I who have less than 20 dives so far (well, actually, this was Judith's 20th!). Thanks for coming with us Bryan! And thanks again to the Beach Crabs for bringing people together!

Here a couple of pictures I took. Between the fact that the camera is new (and I have a way to go in figuring it out), the surge, and all the crud in the water, most didn't come out too well.

Attachments

• img_0059 re.jpg
    img_0059 re.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 36
  • img_0044 re.jpg
    img_0044 re.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 47
  • img_0039 re.jpg
    img_0039 re.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 37
Well, the three of us did it! (Although I can feel the pain creeping into my thighs from the hike back up as I write this) The viz was pretty bad and we got pushed around a lot by the surge. (alykitcat, it sooooo wasn't worth risking your ankle for.) We had to stick pretty close together, in fact, we surfaced several times during the dive because we got separated. But, all-in-all, it was a good experience, especially for Judith and I who have less than 20 dives so far (well, actually, this was Judith's 20th!). Thanks for coming with us Bryan! And thanks again to the Beach Crabs for bringing people together!

Here a couple of pictures I took. Between the fact that the camera is new (and I have a way to go in figuring it out), the surge, and all the crud in the water, most didn't come out too well.

Glad to hear that you all had a great time and safe diving!:D Pictures are great. Wish I could have made it down there, but will be there at Deer Creek tomorrow. Hope to see you two there in the AM.

Sam:wink:

Glad to hear that you all had a great time and safe diving!:D Pictures are great. Wish I could have made it down there, but will be there at Deer Creek tomorrow. Hope to see you two there in the AM.

Sam:wink:

yea, it was a good time, even though the vis was about 1' at times. The challenge of the climb and the entry was a good test, that all three of us passed. Good practice for sure on the navigation skills. There were a couple bugs, but those little guys are too quick for me!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom