BC's DWnDD August 6th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey im a perfectly competent diver, but when i was trying to get my advanced when i worked at sport chalet, they kept schedualing dives when i was working so i only got my nav. done. but i kno that its my own butt in my own hands and im willing to accept that. i was just asking ricky to keep an eye on me so that maybe he could sign off on my deep dive :)

Hey Gabi I'm not questioning your competence as a diver as I've never dove with you and I'm definitely not the most experienced diver here. This is in no way directed towards you, it's about the whole community.

We all need to remember that Rick has done and continues to do an amazing job of bringing this community together, but he is not here as a tour guide/DM or take responsibility for the rest of us divers. We're all responsible for ourselves and it's our job to find buddies that we trust and act as safe earth conscious divers. This also includes the underwater hunters, photographers, videographers, technical, free and whatever divers, everyone has to be responsible.

Billy

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I am a beginer but I have logged 20 dives and I have my open water advanced certification so I feel confident diving. This dive to the oil rig sound exciting and I would love to do it but I need a buddy. Before I pay to go on the dive boat I am wondering if I can pair up with somebody or tag along in a 3 person group? You all sound like great people and I think that I would work well in a team with all of you, after all I am just excited to do some good diving.

-Scott

Hi everyone. I am a beginer but I have logged 20 dives and I have my open water advanced certification so I feel confident diving. This dive to the oil rig sound exciting and I would love to do it but I need a buddy. Before I pay to go on the dive boat I am wondering if I can pair up with somebody or tag along in a 3 person group? You all sound like great people and I think that I would work well in a team with all of you, after all I am just excited to do some good diving.

-Scott

Hi Scott,

Make a reservation and come on out with us. Make sure you introduce yourself, We are the ones with various Beach Crab hats and shirts:D. No Buddy is no problem. We will dive with you.

Make sure when you call in or make online reservations, to tell them you are a Beach Crab:wink:

I can't wait to meet you in person, and dive with you.

Rick

-Scott

Welcome!
You will find the Beach Crabs the most fun people to dive with. I just joined them last week and I enjoyed it. Looking forward to meet you someday if you do decide to keep hanging out and dive with the Beach Crabs!

-Mario

-Scott

Hope you have fun on this dive even though im not going :( The Crabs are bunch of Fun people. Hope to dive with you Soon.
Erika

hey there, welcome, this too is my first dive on the rigs but i have about 40 dives under my belt, but i dont have my advanced yet :( cant wait to meet you, the crabs are great and im sure you'll enjoy it!

Well, there is two days left for this trip. I am getting excited about it! I checked with the Peace, and there are 4 spots left. It is, once again, almost a full boat. If you are still undecided, on this trip, Come on! We always have a great time. Fun people, good food, and the conditions have changed, so the dives should be amazing at the rigs!
Hope to see you there,
Rick

Ok come on Crabs! We have another boat, The Lois Ann, for our San Diego trip. There are some cool people on the boat! :D

There are a couple spots left, so you will want to get your reservations in soon. You know how these trips fill so quick. And besides you don't want to be the lone Beach Crab on the Beach that day:rofl3:

Rick

i found out on some SCUBA sites that the Grace Oil Rig is supposed to have a large population of scallops..i have always been interested in doing some kind of underwater hunting, although this is more like collecting, and i am wondering if anyone is planning on collecting any scallops this wednesday at the rig? if so it would be great if someone could show me the ropes although i assume it is pretty self explanatory

Back
Top Bottom