Question BCD DivingSystems 27 lt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daniel7777

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

One BCD caught my attention made by a Italian company that seems to make Nato gear

It has KEVLAR , carbonfiberbackplate looks great but the wing size is 27 litters thats like not sure but maybe 54 pounds ?

My question is : this is a problem ? could create more drag underwater ?

( bunjees are optional so no need to consider them )

Thank you so much
Alin

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220414-103448_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220414-103448_Chrome.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20220414-103458_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220414-103458_Chrome.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 41
I know the company, Dive Systems, and it is a very good company with good customer support and good products. I have dealt with them many times over the past 7 years and I have no problem buying from them.

I don't know anything about their BC's however since I have never bought a BC from them so I can't help you with this specific product. I am just letting you know that the company is known company. They are the manufacturer and owner of the Ratio Dive Computers brand. Ratio is well known dive computer maker that makes top of the line some of the most advanced dive computers in the world. I own one of their computers I have been using since circa 2017 and I like it very much.

Hello,
It has KEVLAR , carbonfiberbackplate looks great but the wing size is 27 litters thats like not sure but maybe 54 pounds ?

Thank you so much
Alin
If you are diving a single tank, a 54 lb wing is probably too big. A 30 to 35 lb wing would a good size for single tank diving.

If you are diving a single tank, a 54 lb wing is probably too big. A 30 to 35 lb wing would a good size for single tank diving.

Yes, 54lb wing is too big for single tank diving but a 30lb wing is probably too small for 15 and 18 L steel tanks if the OP going to be using them. I generally go with a 35 - 40 lb wing for single tank diving since I mainly dive 15L steel tanks when diving from shore and 18L steel tanks when diving from a boat. If only AL or 12L steel tanks, 30lb is fine but depends on the overall kit used.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom