BC upgrades

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have 6 dives on my new Ranger LTD and over 200 on my Stiletto and find no fault in the plastic buckles. I see no reason in spending money to change them out that could be used for air fills or other cool necessities. I don't get any tank slippage when I allow the straps to soak for 5 minutes before my dive.

With a standard tank band, you loosen the buckle a bit, slide it down the tank and then tighten it and snap it in-place. Make sure the band is wet first, so it is stretched when you tighten it before the dive.

I am partial to bands that open all the up so you can put the BC on the tank from the side, instead of having to slide the band BC over the top of the tank. My favorite is the ScubaPro style, SP charges a ton for their gear so I get mine from Dive Rite Express, for around $20/each right now on sale for $16 each.

If you go this route, you might need to check that the Zeagle BC can take this style of band.

Over the years I have my entire family's tank straps to these....they are easy to use and don't slip.

Hope it helps.....M

Attachments

• BC2032_ME_1-300.jpg
    BC2032_ME_1-300.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 24
I just got my first BC (Ranger LTD) and I've been looking at the SS tank cam buckles. Are they worth the money? Are the Plastic buckles just "adequate"? Are there any other changes or upgrades you guys would do to it?

Thanks

Some people think plastic is always going to be faulty. But the metal clips shown in the photo are more likely to be hung up and pulled open from entanglement.

I would just say having two bands is the way to go. Regardless of composition.

I have over 6 years on my Ranger LTD and have had zero problems with the plastic buckles. And I rarely, if ever wet my tank band first. I've never had a tank come loose and I don't spend a lot of time making sure the straps are especially tight either.

If you decide to change, they're on eBay all the time for $38. Search Zeagle Clamps.

I'm getting the BX inflator one of these days. I did mount a blunt-tip knife vertically on one of the "Zeagle" wing flaps, it's a good out of the way place for it.

You won't regret getting the BX inflator, it's fantastic for rinsing the inside of the bladder after a dive vacation. We retrofitted my husband's Ranger LTD and my Zena with them about a year ago, and rinsing is simply a snap now.

Back
Top Bottom