BC for petite woman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm 5'3 and used a small Oceanic Islander until recently. Extremely light, lighter then the BPW I now use, very durable and well made. I highly recommend it for travel and warm water diving.

The Scubapro Bella is an excellent womens BC. Comfortable, designed for female figures, and has the integrated weights options you're looking for.

The Scubapro Bella is an excellent womens BC. Comfortable, designed for female figures, and has the integrated weights options you're looking for.

I love my Scubapro Bella .. had it for three years now and spearfish in addition to recreational diving. Started out with an Aqualung Diva that didn't work well at all, then when with the Pro QD. I couldn't ask for a better BC than the Bella ... I am 5 foot 2 and in my 60s.

BP+w and just add weight pouches

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

In the nicest way possible... how skinny is she? I'm 5'1", and 140 lbs. With bp+w I cannot get 2 weight pouches comfortably on the belt. Mind you I got the bigger ones with pockets, but still I had to get rid of 1 because I just couldn't get it tight enough on me (even wearing drysuit). So as a short woman... don't go that way lol. I'm sure some people make it work (and possibly her), but I didn't like it. So now I sit uneven with 1 if I need weight that dive

I wouldn't think that in a properly fitted bp/ w that she would need much if any weight at all. Technically, a properly fitted kit doesn't need extra weight, but pockets come in all shapes and sizes. That the beauty of the set up, totally adaptable.

I'm 5'2", 110 #. I have had success with a scubapro ladyhawk and an oceanic islander (smallest size available for both). I only got the islander because it is lighter weight, when the airlines reduced weight limits. Both are back inflate and trim out well in the water, and have integrated weights.

I use a short DSS 5lb steel plate and an 18lb Oxycheq wing for singles diving in warm water. There are also a couple of 1lb STA's for additional weight. I am 5'3" and weigh about 140lb. With a 5mm suit, I need no additional weight, and it feels like wearing nothing at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love my Aqualung Libra! After having an Aqualung Diva LX and a Zeagle Zena I have finally found my favorite bcd. I am 5'3"

I've been diving with a backplate and wings for years and find it very comfortable. A normal vest BC can be constrictive, especially when inflated. If her waist is small then there is limited space for pockets etc. If it's a problem try adding a weight to the tank band, or attach a clip and use it to help her trim out.
You can also try using steel tanks instead of AL, they are lighter on the surface and less buoyant under water so carry less weight.

ps - a steel backplate is kinda like an expensive permanent lead weight. Consider strapping a few pounds of lead to the tank for equivalent weighting if you want to save money.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom