BC for a BIG GUY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by chris3536
Dear Friends,

After asking 3 different instructors, I get 3 different answers: 1. Buy a jacket BC, 2. Don't inflate your BC completely on the surface, 3. Buy a BC with more lift (my Oceanic is rated at 40 pounds)

chris3536, the first 2 suggestions are correct but for the extra lift, well it comes automatically with the size. Need not worry about it.

I am a big guy also and I have a Zeagle Ranger... bets damn BC on the market... fits well even with a 7mm wet suit! Lots of features and modular so you can mix and match for a perfect fit and a lifetime guarantee! What more could you want? Get one and you will see that all other rec BC's are ****!

The Zeagle wings do not fit others Plates but lets get real here... if you buy a backplate you are probably going to buy some wings to go with it, right? Zeagle has a BC called the "tech" you may want to try, I don't care for it though.... Just give me my ranger baby! the Pony straps Zeagle makes are nice also!
=-)

Back
Top Bottom