BBW (Big, Beautiful Woman)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Vixen:
Hi All,

Darlene

You know what makes me mad Vixen? Everytime I see your avatar here and in other places, you're always MUCH too far from the camera. :D

Move closer honey. I think I speak for the other men here when I say, you look stunning from a distance, and we'd like to actually see your FACE.

Have a great day.

-P

I have the DeepSeaSupply BP/W with its harness. It is not a single piece of webbing, but rather pieces held together with velcro and quick release buckles. Easy to get in and out of, and can be adjusted quite easily. I have tried it with the straps crossed, but prefer the "standard" way. Yes, I am well endowed, and have those large German shoulders, and short back.

PerroneFord:
You know what makes me mad Vixen? Everytime I see your avatar here and in other places, you're always MUCH too far from the camera. :D

Move closer honey. I think I speak for the other men here when I say, you look stunning from a distance, and we'd like to actually see your FACE.

Have a great day.

-P

Uhhhhhmmmmmmm ...

Have you thought of looking in my profile?

Scuba_Jenny:
I have the DeepSeaSupply BP/W with its harness. It is not a single piece of webbing, but rather pieces held together with velcro and quick release buckles. Easy to get in and out of, and can be adjusted quite easily. I have tried it with the straps crossed, but prefer the "standard" way. Yes, I am well endowed, and have those large German shoulders, and short back.

That's a great idea.

I don't know why I didn't think of Tobin's harness after Darlene recommended the DR Deluxe...they look very similar.

What do ya think, Darlene?

Scuba_Vixen:
Uhhhhhmmmmmmm ...

Have you thought of looking in my profile?

Sometimes the easy ones slip RIGHT BY... Geez.

Trimix... interesting. I've not read much about diving in the USVI. Do you get to do much tech diving down there?

Stephen Ash:
That's a great idea.

I don't know why I didn't think of Tobin's harness after Darlene recommended the DR Deluxe...they look very similar.

What do ya think, Darlene?

Tobin's gear is first rate. If you don't mind the QD's and it's price tag, (kinda high for just a harness to me) I think it's excellent. For the plentifully fleshy, I think it's really super in spite of the price tag. The QD's and all that easy adjustability will be an asset. Keep in mind I'm making this statement as it relates to recreational diving. With doubles, deco bottles, a scooter &/or a camera, the QD's and quick adjustable stuff doesn't cut it. That's why I prefer the Dive Rite.

To be honest though, I don't see all the hoopla about a bp/w for rec / single tank diving, unless you're at the level of Big Singles with H valves, and slinging a deco/bailout bottle, or need to have a canister light and reel.

I truely enjoy those few dives I get to do where I can slip my trusty old Ladyhawk on an al80, grab a scooter and play with the critters.

It's a very special situation where the tools make more difference than the craftsman.

Darlene

PerroneFord:
Sometimes the easy ones slip RIGHT BY... Geez.

Trimix... interesting. I've not read much about diving in the USVI. Do you get to do much tech diving down there?

While most caribbean islands are volcanic in origin, and tend to have longgg sloping aprons that keep depths in the 100' to 150' range untill you get some considerable distance off shore, St Croix is tectonic plate shift in origin. As such, we have some sheer bottomless walls and deep canyons that can be done from the beach. That's nice because you're not tied into the time constraints of the typical 2 tank boat dive. (about 50 to 55 minutes total runtime for your dive) A little 15 minute bimble to 300' takes about an hour and a half, not counting some surface time on O2 after ascent from the last stop.

There's also a lot of cool stuff in the deeper recreational depths that are super dives on rec trimix blends like 30/30.

Personally, I don't see any reason to dive plain ol' compressed air for anything, but that may be a minority opinion here. :D

Darlene

I'm big up top 36DD, I've switched from a conventional BCD to a TransPac2 and wings. The fit is much better and I don't have the squeeze. I wasn't happy with the straight backplate, the straps cut into my shoulder and sides of my breast to the point it wore through a 3mm suit after 4 dives in the shoulder/breast crease.

I have an OMS backplate and wing setup with the IQ pack harness. I tried other harness but found this one to be the best because though it is a harness it adds some padding (not a lot) but enough to be really comfy, I found that it fits a womens body better, the harness that is. I am reallt happy that I found it and the shop that I deal with carries it. I don't think that I would really ever have to buy a new BC again. And as I have lost the weight that I have so longed to do, I just adjust the webbing on the harness and I have a brand new BC again.

I am not trying to do a survey, nor am I going to create dispute.
Trying to follow the original thread (I think it would benefit Quinnette, as well as the rest of us who are new) can somebody provide more info about
why they choose BP or Wings from one company over the others...

e.g. Halcyon, Oxycheq, OMS, Dive Rite, and DSS

I have checked one of the web-site provided above (http://www.hammerheadscuba.com/), it seems to me that BP sold by a 3rd party can provide a platform to fit wings made by different manufacturers, am I correct? Any disadvantage?

I don't see any dive magazine which did the compare and ratings for the topic

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom