Bay Islands unaffected by Felix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bay Island Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Thankfully the Bay Islands were untouched by Hurricane Felix.

Footage shown on the Weather Channel and CNN supposedly of Roatan bore no resembelance to the weather conditions we were facing.

There was moderate wind and rain for an 8 hour period, far less than we are used to in a winter norther.

Now is great opportunity to visit a deserted Roatan!

Yeah, so... Roatan was un-harmed by Felix, but you guys drank-up all the Salva Vida Beer during the Hurricane Parties!

You call that unaffected ?

What....no Salva Vida....Now that is a CRIME worth looking into....might require a personal visit to assertain who the thief(vies) were. I have an idea they might have a slight British accent....or be from the east coast of the US...

Jimmy

Amazingly people were being thrown in Jail if they were caught drinking in the street!

None of the bars were allowed to stay open, but since they figured they were going to get blown away anyway, they stayed open. That kind of backfired!

Everyone was meant to stay at home, sober! Fat Chance

Yeah Will! Glad to hear you were untouched by the storms- but seriously, what's the viz like this time of year with all the bad weather?? Would like to come back to eat more of your coconut shrimp soup! EEEEEEEEricka

Very VERY happy to hear The Bay Islands did well. See ya in Utila on the 15th. I CAN'T wait!!!!!!!!!

Dan

Firediver32:
Very VERY happy to hear The Bay Islands did well. See ya in Utila on the 15th. I CAN'T wait!!!!!!!!!

Dan
I second that. I will be showing up on the Coconut Tree doorstep on the 22nd.

Bay Island Diver:
Amazingly people were being thrown in Jail if they were caught drinking in the street!

None of the bars were allowed to stay open, but since they figured they were going to get blown away anyway, they stayed open. That kind of backfired!

Everyone was meant to stay at home, sober! Fat Chance

I party AFTER it's passed and we're safe... before the storm partying is well....usually by people who've never been through one. They'll hopefully not have to learn the hard way.

You are absolutely right there Hank, but when you get a big group of friends all taking shelter in the strongest building they know, you suddenly realised you've got a party on your hands, planned or not!

You are absolutely right there Hank, but when you get a big group of friends all taking shelter in the strongest building they know, you suddenly realised you've got a party on your hands, planned or not!

Umm, anyone got a calendar? What's 9 months after Sept 3rd turn out to be?

Back
Top Bottom