Bay Islands, Belize, Mexico or Egypt in February

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-Kira-

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey Everyone,

I´m planning my month long trip starting next month and due to covid I haven´t booked any flights yet.
My plan is to do about one week of land-based diving and than 3 weeks of non diving holiday, I haven´t been to any of the mentioned places and never anywhere in Latin America.
In 2019 this forum helped me out so much to find a very good place for my scuba holiday aka the Philippines and exactly where to go in the Visayas.
Since being from Germany most North Americans would probably advise going to Egypt because of the short distance from Europe and there is so much to explore in Egypt on land and I would combine it with a trip to Dubai or Istanbul. Only thing that keeps me off are the water temperatures right now.

Due to the amazing tropical weather in Mexico and Central America and one month time, I´m really tempted to go there. (I know that Feb is still rainy season in the Bay Island but travelled a lot in the rainy season in Asia and that doesn´t keeps me off that much, if the sea isn´t too rough)

I do a few dives in Germany during the summer months and also learned how to dive here, with now about 60 logged dives, a AOW Brevet and spend my first dive holiday in the Philippines, as mentioned above.

Had been tested positive before with very mild symptomes and I don´t need a test to fly home, only if the Airline requires it. So I´m only worried if I have to do a test during my travels or being a contact person and have to quarantine somewhere.

Or is there any other place in Central America or the Caribbean that I forgot that is easy to combine with a trip to that region?

Other than scuba diving I´m thinking of going to either Mexico City, Oaxaca and Chiapas or Nicaragua because I´m expecting Costa Rica and Yucatan to be very crowded

Thanks a lot!

Hey Everyone,

I´m planning my month long trip starting next month and due to covid I haven´t booked any flights yet.
My plan is to do about one week of land-based diving and than 3 weeks of non diving holiday, I haven´t been to any of the mentioned places and never anywhere in Latin America.
In 2019 this forum helped me out so much to find a very good place for my scuba holiday aka the Philippines and exactly where to go in the Visayas.
Since being from Germany most North Americans would probably advise going to Egypt because of the short distance from Europe and there is so much to explore in Egypt on land and I would combine it with a trip to Dubai or Istanbul. Only thing that keeps me off are the water temperatures right now.

Due to the amazing tropical weather in Mexico and Central America and one month time, I´m really tempted to go there. (I know that Feb is still rainy season in the Bay Island but travelled a lot in the rainy season in Asia and that doesn´t keeps me off that much, if the sea isn´t too rough)

I do a few dives in Germany during the summer months and also learned how to dive here, with now about 60 logged dives, a AOW Brevet and spend my first dive holiday in the Philippines, as mentioned above.

Had been tested positive before with very mild symptomes and I don´t need a test to fly home, only if the Airline requires it. So I´m only worried if I have to do a test during my travels or being a contact person and have to quarantine somewhere.

Or is there any other place in Central America or the Caribbean that I forgot that is easy to combine with a trip to that region?

Other than scuba diving I´m thinking of going to either Mexico City, Oaxaca and Chiapas or Nicaragua because I´m expecting Costa Rica and Yucatan to be very crowded

Thanks a lot!
I just returned from Egypt and as you mentioned, the water temps and surface winds during your time frame would give me pause.

I think I would do a week of diving in Cozumel and then do your sightseeing in Oaxaca, Chiapas, the highlands of Guatemala (Chichicastenango, Lake Atitlan, Antigua- maybe through in the Mayan ruins of Tikal).

Read your trip report and happy you had a great time! Makes me so excited when having more experience to go on such a great liveaboard trip ´just around the corner`

Been on the last Boot Show before Covid and found a nice Dive Center in Dahab and they also recommended not to come in February due to cold winds on the surface.

Belize has a lot of land based things to see and do. And it's easy to cross over to Mexico.
You will have to get tested every time 24 hours before you board an international flight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom