Baur compressors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

holydiver

Reaction score
is anyone familiar with baur or other compressors for filling tanks, im thinking of buying one , any suggestions or comments i would appreciate it, thanks

But I do know that Bauer is one of the best.

Bauer makes some nice compressors, what requirements do you have it narrowed down to?
There are some equally reliable compressors out there, for less $$, but you usually have to trade off to larger dimensions & more weight.

no doubt about it.F.Y.I. the only way to get one thru the Bauer Co. is to contact them directly and then they will build it for you.
They do not keep any in stock so to speak.I ran across this while inquiring on one for T.L.

hey holydiver, contact EK Sowell in Nacogdoches at Divers Depot. His number can be located at diversdepot.com. He can help you out! Tell him Chuck sent you his way!

thanks , will check it out, i do appreciate the tip big time...i will keep intouch with ya to let you know, will sure beat driving to the dive shop all the time, plus save on fills in the long run

Bauer compressors are actually designed for continuous duty unlike some of the less expensive but similar output sized machines you may come across. Bauer's all use an oil pump to force lube vital areas, whereas most others just use a splash lube from the sump. Bauer also uses needle bearings on the upper connecting rods and roller bearings on the crankshaft to improve durability. You could certainly do worse than a Bauer.
(a happy mariner owner)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom