Bauer Varius

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spinksy235

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I have a mid eighties Bauer Varius compressor. There is a strange noise that has started . I suspect it’s a noisy crankshaft pulley bearing.
I have looked for leaks drained oil and put a magnet in it to see if there were any signs of metal , there was none . Now this noise is only when compressor is filling a bottle and sounds like rubbing . When you close bottle noise goes so I suspect extra load on the crankshaft. I am no expert but if I take it to one it will cost me more than the thing is worth. I am attempting to get crankshaft pulley off and haven’t got far as I have come across this . Model is V-2BH

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• C7ECCB95-D2E1-4FB0-B719-B9B603B639EA.jpeg
    C7ECCB95-D2E1-4FB0-B719-B9B603B639EA.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 70
I can't help you directly, but I suggested that the moderators move it to a more appropriate subforum where it should get better responses. This "Site Support" is for issues relating to the ScubaBoard site itself.

Ok i stripped he motor down and the bearings were fine . the culprit is a vibrating safety valve 2nd stage it looks like it has vibrated loose. i imagine to adjust it i just screw it down until pressure blows off on the third stage? is that right?

I am attempting to get crankshaft pulley off and haven’t got far as I have come across this .

the culprit is a vibrating safety valve 2nd stage it looks like it has vibrated loose. i imagine to adjust it i just screw it down until pressure blows off on the third stage?

Your Australian is atrocious mate!

Happy diver you must have some narcosis happening . Do you post anything of value or just troll?

@spinksy235 looks like you are new here - welcome to Scubaboard.

Regarding your most recent question, it is mostly unintelligible but occasionally some value does get mixed in.

As far as the earlier question about the OPV: the ones I’ve seen on Bauers are adjustable assuming one has a way of measuring pressure to reset it at the correct value. This answer may not be applicable, as I don’t understand everything you are saying.

In defense of happy, Tracy, wookie and iain and a couple others.
While occasionally short, these guys provide more valuable content on scuba compressors than the rest of the internet combined. I am amazed at how much more mature and kind they are in the face of repeated "questions" and combative posters than I am.

That is so nice, thank you 100days-a-year, I feel like crying
If they don't make an effort to get it they shouldn't have it

I enjoy your stuff on Spearboard too I think it softened up around ten years ago
but still some tough dudes on there, I was quite interested in a thread back then
a guy had stuck long strips of tape on his fins and written his deco plan on them

Magnificent!

Thank you our ScubaBoard Family

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom