Bauer purus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Same thing as my first compressor. I paid $400 knowing that it only pumped to 2000psi. I invested less than $3 to get it fixed and ran it for several years before upgrading. I took a chance and it paid off. sold it for a profit in the end too.

I got an old sized up US Divers/Luchard compressor as my first commercially make compressor... free up and cleaned it like crazy.... has wear in the swash block.
But run it over full with oil and is not a problem...
Spent to much time making and modifying for interstatge cooling and drains...
Now I have a small bauer as a travel compressor...
The Luchard is for sale if someone is interested and can use.. if not I'll just keep it for nostalgic reasons...

Not always the best deal when things are so cheap but it's fun fixing it up and keeps me sane...

Ps my bauer had a bad hp checkvalve.
Was going to be 400$ to get a new one...
Spring wasn't pushing the valve shut... and can't disassemble... figured it was scrap anyway so I dropped it into muriatic acid for a bit.... freed up very nicely.... just a little trick

pmv ??opv ?? .. will be sending it to phillipines .. to use at my retirement house ..probly fill 10or 12 tanks a month .. i have 2 of the 3 ft long hydrualic accumulators ..bought from innerspace reaserach years ago ..one with granular carbon one with activated alumina .. used it with my old igersol rand compressor ..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom